Thursday, January 3, 2008

Did You Know?

... that a call to Afghanistan is expensive?

Like, $12.80 per minute expensive?

Like, 11 minute phone conversation comes out to $140 expensive?????

 

No!?  Neither did we....

 

But we do now!!

 

*Yes, we were calling a soldier. Actually Derek was.  He was calling a buddy who used to work at the PD and went back to the Army after 9/11.  He's having a hard time over there, so Derek called to check on him and cheer him up... I guess the high bill was worth knowing he got to talk to a good friend...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I bet you were calling a soldier :( That's just so wrong!

Anonymous said...

wow, that was one helluva cheer me up call!

It was worth it to the soldier though I am more than sure :)

Anonymous said...

God, I still can't believe it was that expensive.  That blows my mind.  ::shaking head::

But you're right....I'm sure that friend appreciated the call more than you'll ever know.  And I'm sure it was comforting to Derek to talk to him.  That's worth something...

Love ya,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

yeah, I knew it was that expensive, but good for Derek for cheering him up.
hugs,
kathi