Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Getting Closer...

So, we have 19 more days until we leave for Pismo for one of the two Family Vacations we have planned for this year.

I'm getting a bit excited and a bit overwhelmed with everything that I have to do to get ready for both trips...

::side note... Disneyland is 54 days away... but it will be here before we know it::

Pismo is one of the most beautiful places to go to, in my opinion.  We will be camping out in a trailer for 5 nights on the beach.  It is so peaceful - except for when people decide to ride their ATV's during the night - and the kids have a blast with the sand and the toys.

This might sound anal retentive, but I've already done a spread sheet planning out our menu and with all the groceries that we'll need to buy for the trip... not to mention a spread sheet for everything that we'll need to bring and need to pack.

Five days in a trailer can get kinda cramped... especially if it decides to rain on us... lol.  But lets hope that the weather can continue to go as it is now... ::beautiful weather in the high 70's today::

The only sucky thing is about getting ready for the trip is that Derek works the 4 days up until we leave!!  That means that I'll be doing most of the packing and what not unless he happens to get the day off before we leave... Ah, can you see why I am already planning?

 

As for the Disneyland trip... I've already made the reservations for our dinner the first night we get there - Rainforest Cafe - and for our Character Breakfast's (Lilo & Stich for Monday and Minnie & Friends for Wednesday) and Princess Lunch on Tuesday.  Derek wanted to eat at the ESPN Zone too... so I made the reservation for that too for the Wednesday after we are there.  I'm glad you can call so far in advance because the Princess Lunch only had two available times for that day!!  I knew it is popular, but I was a bit taken back by that.

I also have to do shopping for that trip.  I found out this weekend (when it hit 82 degrees!!) that Miss Rowan has NO summer clothes that fit her... Last summer she was in a 4/5T and this spring/summer she'll be in a 5 girls... and yes, you know there is a difference.

Thankfully I've already been doing some budgetting for the tax return money we are getting on Friday (can I get a woo hoo!) and I'll be able to take some for each of us to get new clothes... and thankfully there are stores out there like Target and Kohls that I can get good kid clothes that are pretty inexpensive... I'm sure I'll walk out of those places pretty happy.

But until the time gets closer... I'll just keep getting more excited and keep planning... 'Cause that is just the way I am... haha

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, please... WDW is over 200 days away for us and I'm plannin like a freak!

Sounds like fun! I love the Character Meals!


Denielle

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a  wonderful time.
Take lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited for you guys
sounds like such a fun trip! and shopping too!!!
have a great time
emily

Anonymous said...

Never been to Pismo, but they way you talk about it..I wanna go too! LOL Hope you guys have fun and the weather weve been having keeps up! As for disney..sounds like a total blast!! I havent been there in years...if youd had more time I would have loved to meet up, its only 45 mins from me =) have fun shopping hun!
Xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll be super busy!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm excited for you too. You have some good stuff coming up, and I love anything Disney, so I'm a little jealous too, lol. Keep planning and stay busy...it'll make the time go more quickly!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

It sounds so fun--and I am envious of your organizational skills. So far I have written down three things for our cruise--sunscreen, bathing suits, chocolate...

Anonymous said...

Some R and R is always good, even if it rains on the beach. :D
Get ready for Rowan to LOVE the character dining.  It is too much fun, so cute!  She will need an autograph book--I was so surprised, my boys were never into that, but lil miss had to have one.  
I also had to the moment of 'omg,  that doesn't fit you anymore?' just last week.  Gonna have to stop feeding these kids (just kidding)
:D
Anna

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean about our kids growing. we encountered the same thing when we pulled out daniel's shorts and stuff for this warm weather we have been having. actually this is the first spring/summer where we find his clothes from last year are too small...woot!
i'm a planner too so i think it is a good idea to plan out the trips like you have one.
sounds like lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean about our kids growing. we encountered the same thing when we pulled out daniel's shorts and stuff for this warm weather we have been having. actually this is the first spring/summer where we find his clothes from last year are too small...woot!
i'm a planner too so i think it is a good idea to plan out the trips like you have one.
sounds like lots of fun.