Friday, October 8, 2010

If Anyone Finds Mine, Please Return!

Lost: One Money Tree - belonging to me - Please return if found!!


I find it fitting that I'm getting ready to make a post about having to spend money and I get a phone call from my son's after school program reminding me that our payment is due. Gah. There goes $100!

I feel like I'm bleeding money this week.

Our dishwasher finally bit the bullet. It has been giving us a hard time for months now and it finally said "Screw You" and stopped working the correct way. Damn it. So, this weekend we are purchasing another one. It's hard to decide on where to get one from. Sears or Home Depot. Or maybe even another place. Everyone is having good deals right now due to the holiday, but we are gonna have to look around and figure out what model is the best one for our money.

We are also buying a "new to us" couch from the hubby's brother. We have had our couch for about 8 years now and while the Girl Child and I were in Ireland, it seems that between the boys rough housing and the monster dogs jumping on it - it broke. The whole middle section of the couch now leans backwards... It's not very appealing to the eye, let me tell you. So, because the BIL is looking to redecorate the game room/office of his house - we are getting a smashing deal on a very gently used couch to replace ours. Still costing us some money, but a whole lot less than what we had planned on spending for brand new stuff from the local furniture store.

I've come to the conclusion that I (we) need to learn how to save money... instead of spending it. I'm sure it won't be easy - but I think it's time I (we) grew up and planned for the future or incidentals that we don't see coming - like couches breaking or dishwashers giving up the ghost.

Oh, the wonderful life of being an adult... eh?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I feel your pain... we too will be needing (are now wanting) a new dishwasher... let me know what you end up with! And yes, as soon as you think you have the bleeding money problem handled, something else goes wrong... like you said, "Welcome to being an adult" (and parent, and homeowner)!

Jennifer Verissimo Triplett said...

Seriously! I don't think you are alone at all in this . . . I can empathize beyond belief. It just never feels like there's enough money to pay for everything AND store some away. I'm sure there's a way . . . just haven't figured it out yet either :(

afreeberg said...

Saving is overrated! Haha. When you figure out the secret strategy please share. :-)