Saturday, May 27, 2006

~Disneyland~

Well, I think it is about time to share with you all about our great trip to Disneyland... pictures included!

 

Derek and I left Tuesday morning a little later than we would have liked, but it all worked out okay.  He had a hard time when he went to board Tango (his K9) and it took a little longer than normal for me to drop the kids off... so instead of leaving at 9am like we planned, we hit the road at 945am.

After two potty breaks and one gas/food stop... we made it to Anaheim, Ca. by 245pm.  We had no problem checking in... and because I let it "slip" that we were there for our anniversary and "honeymoon" the gal at the desk upgraded us to the 14th floor with a room with a view and a king sized bed!!

 

So, Derek and I settled into our room... I called my parents to let them know we had made it and then we were off to California Disney!!

We spent the remaining Open time in California Disney (they are open from 10-7) and after riding a bunch of rides there we decided to head down to Downtown Disney to do some shopping and grab some dinner.

After some spending some time and money at the big ol Disney store in DTD (downtown disney), Derek and I went to the Rain Forest Cafe for dinner.  Yumo!

 

When we got back to our room from the afternoon out, we found our bed had been pulled down and a flowered shaped heart had been left for us... can you say "awww..."

Wednesday we spent the whole day in Disneyland... riding all the rides... We rode the Indiana Jones ride 4 times in the 3 days we were there... Space Mountain 3 times and Splash Mountain twice!

Thursday was spent at both parks... making up for rides we missed or doing the rides we loved over again :)

Then Thursday evening we had dinner at the Japanese resturant that is located right outside of the hotel (Disney Paradise Pier) we were staying at.

It was sooo good.  Now I'm officially stuck in Sushi mode.  We had the California Rolls, the Crunch Rolls and the Tuna Rolls... not to mention Beef and Chicken Teriaky.  Yumo!!!

 

Then, of course, Derek got sick later that evening... thank god it wasn't the food... and we rushed home on Friday...

So, that is pretty much the readers digest version of our trip... I'm sure I missed some stuff... but there are the pictures too :)

 

Enjoy!

Hugs,
~Jenn~

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! It would be so nice to go somewhere so cool! I am glad you had such a blast! Luv your journal!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that you your hubs went on this little honeymoon. How FUN!! My hubby and I want to go, just us, for our 10th.

I loved the pics! Looks like you guys had a fabulous time.

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics...
So glad ya'll had a great time!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

you make a great looking couple.  I love the pics, wish I were there.  What fun it looks like.

Anonymous said...

I sooo wanna go now!!!  Looks like you guys had great weather too :)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

CD is the only place I've been... Disney related, anyway ;)

Waiting for Grace to get a little older before I venture to Disney World...

Looks like the trip went well, except for Derek getting sick.  Hope he's better now, though :)

I was pretty young when my family went there, so I don't remember much, but I'm sure it was a blast...

Love the heart petals on th bed... what a sweet touch!

Cat

Anonymous said...

wow looks like you guys had so much fun!!!!
loved the pictures.
my trips usually look like that too...tony and i never have anyone take our picture together either.  then i wish i would have asked more.  but hey what can you do.
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

Have you ever been to Orlando? You'd love it...tons tons more....You outta put that on your list of things to do in life..its really worth the trip!!

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ Jennifer - never been to Cali Disney (but my sisters have) and they say it does not compare to WDW in Florida. We went every year growing up, and it's really a great time! Worth the trip and the money - maybe when the kids are older and can appreciate it more!

Glad you guys had a great time!


Denielle

Anonymous said...

Jenn.. I am so happy you and Derek had a good time at Disneyland!  Seems no one ever goes there anymore, now it's all about Disneyworld in Florida!  Being a native Californian, who grew up just a few miles from Disneyland, I've been there numerous times, although not recently.   I've not seen California Adventure and alot of the newer stuff they have.  Last time I was there was probably about 12 years ago.  I swore I would never go again, because I hated the crowd!  There were just too many people.. the lines were too long... everything was way too expensive....and..... well... I was all Disneylanded out, any way! lol

Glad you had a good time, and I loved the pictures!  Derek is a hottie! :)  Lucky you!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Loved all your pictures!!!  You both looked so relaxed and happy to be spending time together!  Hey, if I hide drugs on me, will youg hubby search ME?  He is just GORGEOUS!!!!  LOL!!  You are one lucky woman that's for sure!!  Just as he is one lucky man!  Tell him to SMILE for God's sake though!  Geez!  ;)  I think Disney in California looks like more fun and less crowded than the Florida one personally.  Out of all the pictures wanna know my favorite one?  The turned down bed with the roses in the shape of a heart.  Nothing like a romantic hotel room!!  Ahhhhhh!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

"young hubby"????!??!  Gee, Freudian slip or what on my part?!?  I meant "YOUR hubby"!  ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!

I MISS YOUR VOICE....

THANKS FOR THE HAPPY SMILES TO BRIGHTEN MY SPIRITS...
(still working my arse off, and it's my day off, grrrr! *wink*)

TALK TO YOU SOON! (I need to chill with some girly chit-chat, kk?)

BIG FAT KISSES TO THE KIDDOS,

OXOXOXOX Barbie @>-------

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Both of my boys will go crazy when I show them the Lego Batman!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it sounds like so much fun! I went when I was a girl and it was so magickal then, It sounds like it hasn't lost it's charm!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!  We went to DIsney Land for our honeymoon 12 years ago...returned a year later to celebrate our anniversary and got pregnant while there.  :)  We go now as often as we possibly can...gotta love that magical place.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great vacation Jenn!!  Lovely pictures!!  We love to go to Disney here in FL too and are way overdue for a trip there.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great, looks like a great time!

I hate that Derek got sick though...:(

hugs,
Kathi