Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Highlights of My Weekend...

*My weekend started off with a bang on Saturday... was up at 730am (when will I ever get to sleep in?) after Rowan woke me up.

*Headed off to my nail appt at 9am for my 930am... didn't return home until almost 11am!!

*Got my kiddos up and ready for a birthday party... as well as packing their overnight bag and gathering my other set of clothes (for a wedding) and make up.

*Went with family to our nephew's 1st birthday party... let the kids swim and party for about 2 hours... then headed to my parents house to drop off kiddos.

*Redid my hair and changed my clothes at my parents while the kiddos swam with their YaYa and Grandpa.  Zachary is so not scared of water and it scares me!!

*He got his vest on and did a run and leap into the pool before anyone else was in it!!

*Left my parents house for the wedding up in the hills.

*Gorgeous place... sweet wedding... great food and tons of fun!!

*Derek and I ended up staying until about 1030pm, really enjoying the fact that we were out together :)

*Sunday morning he and I picked up the kids...

*Rowan was complaining of a belly ache... so she and I stayed home when Derek and Zach went and did some errands.

*After naps... we BBQ'd and swam.  It was nice to spend the afternoon just us four... all getting along and having fun!!

*Monday was spent cleaning... not fun, but needed.

*Derek was outside cleaning his BBQ, so we set up Rowan's Princess Tent and let the kids play in there and on their bikes...

*I on the other hand spent the day cleaning out Zach's room...

*It was the catch all room... so I cleaned everything out... went through clothes and toys... took down his crib and set up the spare Queen bed.

*It took a few hours and still isn't quite done... but he is now able to sleep in his room...

*Which he did on Monday night... for a whole 45 mins before he THREW UP!!!!!

*And continued to throw up all night long...

*It was a long night... and I took yesterday off.

*Thankfully Zach is feeling better... he slept in his own room again last night - sans throwing up - from 9pm-415am!!  How about that??

*He seems to be taking the transition much easier than his sister did...

*I'm tired... sporadic sleep on Monday night... and not catching up on it last night makes for a tired Jennifer.

*Only today and tomorrow at work... then I'm off for three days... yay...

*Maybe I'll get to sleep in then??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who are you kidding?  Mommy never gets to sleep in when she wants too!  LOL
Good girl, all that cleaning....wanna come tackle some closets?  :p

Hope Zach is feeling better!
Anna

Anonymous said...

hope u get some sleep and the kids get better... glad u guys had a nice time at the wedding and as a family

Anonymous said...

~~~~Zachary is so not scared of water and it scares me!!  *He got his vest on and did a run and leap into the pool before anyone else was in it!!~~~~

Yeah, Jenn, I was the same way... except when I was his age... there were no water wings or vests (unless on a boat).  Needless to say, I was rescued by my mother (more times than she remembers), 2 Aunts, and 3 cousins before I could swim on my own.  Lakes, pools, oceans, puddles... whatever... if it was water, I was gonna be in it.

Stay close and never let him be around water without his vest on.  Better safe, ya know.  Oh... and I climbed over pool fences at 2 yrs, so beware...

Glad you guys had a good time alone!  Rare times ;)

Kitty~