Saturday, May 29, 2004

Well, it was bound to happen

All I have to say is that it was bound to happen...

With my daughter running a fever for the last few days and both my parents fighting a cold... It seems that I have finally been hit with a Summer Bug.  Summer colds are the worst too.  All you wanna do is swim and be outside during these nice days, but when you have a cold, all you want to do is lay on the couch and watch reruns of "The  Golden Girls"...

The show used to be my favorite show to watch with my Grandma... Sometimes, when I can't sleep, I turn on the TV and flip to The Lifetime channel and watch old reruns... I swear, those ladies remind me of my grandma and her sisters... LOL

Today is going to be one of those busy days.  My hubby is at work, a training day in fact, so that means he'll actually be home for dinner... But that means I've gotta do it all on my own ;)  I have ANOTHER graduation party to attend today... For a girl that I've know since I was 8 and she was 4!  Oh well, BBQ's are always fun...

I'm also waiting for my Old Navy order to come in.  My honey wanted me to order a bunch of summer clothes because of our trip to Vegas and the fact that he doesn't have anything to wear.  According to the tracking on Fedex.com it should be here today!  I hope it comes soon, because its supposed to be 90 degrees today, and I would like to wear something I bought.

It is very rare that my hubby and I get away by ourselves.  That poor man (a whole 24 years old) works his tail off and barely gets anything in return.  The city is $2.2 million in the whole and they are short 4 officers... 6 would be better to hire, but being in the red that much makes it difficult.  He works some 50 hours of OT in a matter of a pay period... Crazy.  All I know is that he is my "hero" and that it takes a lot for a 24 year old to have such a job and to do it for 3 years already.  So a trip to Vegas is a very big treat for us!  Time alone is something we cherish...

The Robo-nator (aka our Princess) is finally feeling better.  She doesn't seem to have a fever anymore and is actually getting her attitude back.  A 2 year old with her attitude is dangerous ;)  She is such a silly girl... Just looking at her sometimes makes me laugh...

Well, its about that time.  Gotta go clean house and get ready for our day... TTFN

No comments: