Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Remembering...

Happy late Memorial Day to all... And a BIG Thank You to all that served our Great Nation... Thanks Grandpa for all the time you spent away from your loved ones during WWII and the Korean War... Thanks to you all who are now serving us and keeping us safe in our homeland (military, police and fire) and those who are serving overseas... And a BIG thank you to all the family (wives, children, mother and fathers) of those who served or are serving... I know what it is like to worry about your family.

Everyday I have a least one person to worry about... Will they return home to our family after work?  Will they be okay?  I just pray everyday to have my husband, father, brother-in-laws (yes, all are in law enforcement) all return to us and their families.... Ugh... Can't worry too much or I'll never sleep, but you always dread phone calls late at night.

Anyways... This weekend has been long, yet fun...  Sunday was spent at my best friends college graduation party.  I'm so proud of her!  It only seems like yesterday, we were hating each other of Freshman year in high school.  Yeah, we couldn't stand each other... But look at us now, we are best friends and she was even my maid of honor in my wedding... The wonders of the world ;)  Congradulations Amy!  We are so proud of you and love you...

Then Memorial Day was spent at my In-laws.  What fun we had.  Swimming and talking... Eating and drinking too much... Some more swimming.  It would have been nicer if I still didn't have this darn Summer Cold... But what can you do, make the best of it!  Everyone was there... All the brothers, the wives and kiddies... My mom and some friends... It was a really nice day too at 94 degrees!  Perfect swimming weather!

Only 3 days to Tahoe!  Whoo-hoo!  And 17 days to Vegas... A double WHOO-HOO!  Well, time to get to work... Gotta make that money... TTFN

No comments: