Monday, June 21, 2004

Weeee'rrrrreeee Back!

Well!  We made it!  We made it to Vegas and back home alive and well.  It took some time for the driving... But I think we came out of the 10 hour drive home with out going insane!

So, we left Thursday night at 730pm.  We made it to Tehachapi by 1130pm and decided to stay there in some Best Westren motel... That was overran by TVT (trans valley trucking) drivers!!!  I swear, there were 20 rigs there in this little parking lot!

We were out of that roach motel by 800am the next morning and were making our trek to VEGAS (baby).  We made it there in 4 hours and it took us literally 45mins to get down the strip!  It was nice though, since my hubby has never been to Vegas, so he got to see all the big, beautiful, hotels.

I'm going to have to post the pictures of our hotel SUITE!  Yes, I said SUITE!  There was a stove, microwave, dish washer, washer and dryer in our 'room'.  It was so nice!  I don't think I've been anywhere that nice... I guess Hilton out did themselves this time!

We went all over the place down there.  Friday night we went to "Tournament of the Nights" in the Excalibur!  Wow.  That was so much fun!  Cute guys running around swining swords and riding horses... Eating food with your hands and drinking out of 'mugs' :)  I guess it was worth the $47.50 per person that we paid! 

One thing we learned in Vegas was... Everything in Vegas is darn expensive!!!

OH yes!  OUR POOL IS FINALLY DONE!  It is filled and it is beautiful!  I'm going to take some pictures of it when I get home... It was too dark last night to take some good pics... I'll post those later too ;)

Well, I've gotta a bunch of mail to open and some bills to pay!  It's going to be fun to try to do, since one of our computer programs are not working!  Hope all  had a wonderful weekend!

BYE!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I've always heard about Vegas is that they have a way of making the "little guys" feel like Kings!  My sister loves going out there because they pamper you and set you up so nice.   It's all because they want you to come back and they want you to *feel* rich, so that you'll spend more on gambling.  I'm not a gambler, but I'll take the benefits of being treated like a Queen, heck yeah!  LOL  

I'm glad you guys are back and safe!  :D

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...love Anne Rice. The creeepiest tales I've ever heard of. :)