Friday, November 28, 2008

Germs... ::gah::

Germs. I can't stand them.

Poor Zach woke up on Wednesday morning with a croupy cough. He stayed home from school with his daddy and sister... Then early on Thursday morning, when he crawled into my bed with me, he complained that his ear hurt.

Never a good sign with him.

All day yesterday it was cough here... hack there. Then the poor guy, last night had a very tough time getting to sleep. Thankfully, when he did, he slept pretty well... but when he woke up at six this morning - screaming that something was in his room (mind you, it was the humidifier!) he was hacking up both lungs.

I finally gave him some medicine - I'm trying not to over medicate, because its easy to do - but the only thing I had for him was night time stuff... needless to say, he slept until 9am!

We went to the doctor this morning... god, I love acute-care! Anyways, he's got a bit of a virus that turned into an ear infection... and of course, the cough. So, for the next 7 days, he'll be on antibiotics. Thankfully, we still have 15 days until Disneyland, but I'm just hoping no one else picks up the bug.

We'll be doing a lot of hand washing and no sharing drinks/foods and hugs and kisses for while, I think...

Anyways, today is a beautiful Fall day here... I'm really stoked because this year, Fall has actually stayed Fall for a while. Usually, it goes straight from Summer, a week or two of Fall, and then rushes right into Winter.

This year, the trees are actually turning colors and the weather is brisk in the morning... and cold at night... Its been down in the 40's in the late night, early morning. I love the cold!!

Right now, I've got a window or two open... letting in the cool air. I can't stand to run the heater - which we haven't done yet, although it can get chilly in our house at night - but I would rather sit on the couch with a blanket.

Right now, its knitting that I have instead of a blanket. I want to make Rowan's teacher (she's had a substitute since Sept.) a scarf for Christmas... a way to say Thank You for helping her and the other kids while the normal teacher was out on maternity leave. But if I want to get it to her before we go to Disneyland, I need to get my booty into gear (see, we leave the week before Christmas break).

We are also going to try to get our Christmas stuff up today. We have the tree up - but two rounds of lights are out... But I'm not sure if we'll be getting to it today, Derek is unsure if he'll have to go to work. I hope we get them up today though... I need to get my Christmas cards done!!

Okay, going to go knit and watch Rowan play "Super Mario Brothers" on the Wii. Have a great Black Friday, ya'll.

6 comments:

- said...

Take lots of pictures of the Christmas stuff. We are going to Florida for Christmas so we aren't decorating our house at all...so i have to live vicariously through you all!

Heather said...

ACK. NO illness allowed!!

At least it is now, not the day before you leave. :)

I hope he feels better soon.

Remo said...

I hope the little guy feels better soon. Wash those hands!!!

Theresa said...

Once one gets the couch and hacking, someone else seems to get it. Get some green tea and Sudfed cough and cold, it works great!!

Remember to get a pic of Stitch for me!

Hope the little guy gets better soon!!

Linda said...

I hope he feels better soon and I hope no one else gets it so you can have an awesome vacation! I have to do my Christmas cards too. Linda

Bridgett said...

Poor Zach. :(

Hope he's feeling better now!

XOXO