Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pass me a vacation in a bottle, um, k?

Okay, I know I'm technically on vacation right now... but that is from work... not life. LOL


I could really use a few days away from my normal life - preferably with the husband and to somewhere nice... doesn't have to be warm, but that would be a plus.


Derek and I have talked about when he is done with all this mess of a case about us going away for a day or so... just him and I. We threw around the idea of doing a Northern Cali tour - going to Great America and Six Flags Marine World - also hitting up bars and hotels along the way, ya know?


I think that would be fun... but I'd like to spend the weekend in the City - San Francisco for those who don't know it as that - but Derek isn't a fan of San Francisco, which totally blows!! He says its dirty and there are too many bums there. He is partially right about that... but there are other parts that are truly beautiful there!!


Yet, who is to say when Derek is going to be done with this... he is gone again... He left today and won't be home until late tomorrow night... if not Thursday. We'll see.


The kids and I have enjoyed our first two days off together. Zach is still going to school, but his days are over around 1145am.


Yesterday, we didn't do much... but today, we went and saw "Monsters vs Aliens"... and then tomorrow, we are going bowling with my SIL and niece and nephew. Thursday, we are going with a girlfriend and her daughter to the Sacramento Zoo. I'm excited about that. It will be the kids' first time! So you know there will be plenty of photos from that!!


Speaking of... here is a picture that I took of Rowan in the car the other day... I'll leave you with her toothless grin:


7 comments:

Bridgett said...

She looks like a little model. :)

And I have to laugh about our plans once again. Movie (the same movie, no less), bowling, and zoo. Yup...that's our plans too. LOL

You and D should definitely get away for a few days...if this case EVER ends.

Gah!

Love you!

Kaileigh said...

She's definitely a Cali girl!

Enjoy your vacation, and the zoo! Hope you get to go someplace and soon :)

Kaileigh said...

Ugh I like can't leave comments right tonight, just got off school and the brain is a little fizzled I guess.

I said "She's definetly a Cali girl!" Because of her super cute picture in the sunglasses :)

Ms.Emily said...

loved the pic of Rowan :) ! so adorable

hopefully the hubs is finished with his case SOON :(!

im sure whatever you guys decide to do it will be fun!

xoxo
emily

Heather said...

I think you should come to Tennessee. For your vacation. I am not sure where I got that idea. It just occured to me....

XOXO

kathi said...

love the pic of Ro...shes too cute with those diva shades!
I hope you do get some good vaca time with the hubby.
hugs,
Kathi

Tiffany said...

Hope you're enjoying your time off work!