Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Poppin' In

... to say Hello!

Life is busy busy here... tball has taken off... we have practice 2 days a week and as of Saturday, our games have started.

We had opening day on Saturday and it was nice. We played our first game and let me say, it was interesting.

The kids did surprisingly well. They paid better attention during the game than I ever imagined! Only a few decided to do that cute thing called "Chasing Butterflies" instead of paying attention to the ball game.

I threw Rowan in as the catcher the first inning the other team was up to bat. The child has never played catcher before... but I was SUPER surprised and VERY pleased on how she did. She caught balls, she threw them back to the other coach with no problem. As we came off the field to get ready to bat, I started to tell her how well she had done and she broke down crying!

I guess she was rather flustered playing the position and she also said the dirt and something in the helmet (??) was making her eyes burn. I told her to shake it off and get ready... but kept repeating how well she had done... and she kept telling me that she didn't do good at all.

In fact, she is still telling me that... Truly, if I have anything to say about it... she'll be a rocking catcher - just like her momma was :)

Zach did pretty well... although I did have to carry him off the field after he "struck" out at batting. See, the kids get three pitches from the coach and if they don't hit off of those, they get three swings off the tee... if they don't hit the ball on those three swings or if they hit foul balls, they are "Out".

Well, Zach didn't want to hear that his time up to bat was over. He kept saying, "Puhleeese Momma... let me have another try"... well, it couldn't happen so I ended up just picking him up and carrying him off. Oh how he cried... but it was still too cute!!

Dear husband was unable to make the game... which was a bit of a disappointment, but its okay. He made some OT and my parents and his mom came to watch the kids. They had a blast watching the munchkins... and truly, I pretty much enjoyed the whole thing. I did get a bit flustered a few times, but I pushed on... LOL

I wish I had some pictures... I will have to wait until my momma emails me some pictures because I wasn't able to take any.... but when I get them, I'll share for sure :)


Everything else is going well.

My tattoo is healing well. Itchy like a muther f'er... but its healing and I love the way it looks. I'm already contemplating another one. I've got a few ideas... its just a matter of figuring out what I want and where to get it!

I will be getting another piercing done this weekend, I believe. I'm going to be getting a Monroe piercing... the one that looks like a beauty mark above the lip? I think it will look totally cute... and I get to go with one of my bestest friends (who is also getting pierced) Coley.

So, now I have something to look forward to besides another busy weekend... and house cleaning.

Hope you all have a good week!!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Wish my kids would play sports..sniff sniff...can't wait to see the pictures.

Bridgett said...

The t-ball sounds like a hoot! What great memories you're making.

And I can't wait to see pics of the new piercing...woo hoo!

XXOO

Bridgett said...

Oh, and why am I not surprised you put Row in as catcher? LOL

Be sure to put somebody good on 1st and 3rd...those were my positions. ;)

Ms.Emily said...

sounds like tball is keeping you super busy!

glad to hear from ya

hope you have a great rest of the week

ox

- said...

Jenn,
You may not comment all the time, but you do allow people to know you read them. I wasn't calling YOU a Stalker! I was speaking of people that DON'T Follow people or follow privately!!

I was speaking of people that hide on purpose, people that don't want you to know they read your blog. Thats all.

Tiffany said...

Saw your piercing and it looks good. I had no idea that's what that piercing was called. :)