Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Out of Nowhere...

... in walks me... ha!

Hello! I decided today that I would blog... so here I am.

Life is, as always, a bit hectic here in the Pickle Jar.

I feel as if I've been running around ragged for the last three weeks. In fact, I'm sure I have been.

My lovely husband is on a new assignment at work and they have a ragging case going on right now... I will not and can not tell you what it is... but its keeping him from us. He is working his damned sexy ghetto booty right off on this case.

I am extremely proud of him... and I can see him enjoying taking on this new aspect of his job - this is one of his first REAL investigations - but I can also see it taking a toll on him.

In this last pay period, he has reached 100.5 hours of OVER TIME! Yes, over time. So, he worked a total of 180.5 hours in just two weeks. Craziness, I say. Craziness. It will be a somewhat nice paycheck... but surely the money isn't replacing the time he spent away from home.

I know all this is part of the job... I grew up with my father being gone because he is a police officer... I knew exactly what I was getting myself into when I got with him... I accept it. I am a VERY proud police officers wife... but I can tell you this, I do miss him greatly when he is gone...

And my children can sure DRIVE ME UP THE F'ING WALL when I'm all by myself with them! LOL

The last two and a half weeks have been quite interesting actually... I've made a trip to the Urgent Care for a child - you'd expect me to say Zach, yes? Nah... wrong. It was for Rowan. She is fine... she just did a number on her leg jumping on a trampoline at a friends house. If my parents hadn't been with me (Derek was out of town for his job) I think I might have gone off the deep in just a bit more than I already had.

You know, when your daughter screams bloody murder and cries out in pain when they are carried/moved, that something is truly wrong. At the urgent care, the Dr thought Rowan might have broken her femur... but in the end... after x-rays and wraps... she only pulled muscles or ligaments. ::whew:: She was on crutches for two days, but she is doing just fine right now...


This weekend should be a pretty good weekend if Derek doesn't have to leave out of town again... I hope to get all four of us out in the front yard to do some landscaping. My WONDERFUL mother came over week and a half or so ago and brought with her plants and a swift kick in the ass for me... and we worked in the yard... There are just a few more things for us to do in it to make it look perfect... and I'd like to get that done if the weather is nice.

I'm also looking forward to Easter. We are going to Derek's parents house for brunch and an egg hunt with the rest of his family. My parents will be out on a cruise enjoying some time to themselves... Derek and I plan on spoiling the kids a bit this time around. Both kids have been interested in the Nintendo DS Lite... so we are thinking of spoiling them and getting them one. We know its a lot of money at once, but Derek (and I) love to spoil them and since he'll be getting some extra money this check, he thinks its a perfect gift for them. I can't complain. Daddy is gonna do what he wants to do ;)

After Easter, I'll be off all week... I took vacation because Rowan is on Spring Break and my childcare (parents) are going to be off on their own vacation. I'm looking forward to spending time home with the kids and doing some fun things with them. I'm thinking of the movies and possibly a trip to the zoo. I'd like to take them to the San Francisco Zoo... but its a bit farther than I'd like to drive... so it might be the Sacramento Zoo instead. I've never been there, but I think the kids would have a fantastic time!!


Well, I know I've rambled on about a bunch of different things... LOL. I hope everyone has a nice holiday!!

8 comments:

Kaileigh said...

Okay, so I literally just went to the Sacramento Zoo this week with a few people who wanted to see it... there are actually two zoos I believe. The one that is by Fairytale Town, is very small, I have heard the other one is better :)

Ms.Emily said...

have a happy easter.
hopefully you guys get to see more of daddy/hubby :)

good to hear rowan didn't break anything. poor girl

ttyl
xo
emily

Bridgett said...

I think you're doing a fantastic job as a temporary 'single' parent. Just hang in there...this case won't last forever. In the meantime, try and enjoy all the extra money you guys are making in this shiteous economy. :)

Hope you guys have a WONDERFUL Easter.

I love you!
XOXO

Heather said...

Whew! I've got a lot to say...

-Thank goodness Ro is ok. I still can't imagine how scary that was.

-Your parents are on a cruise? I so want to be them when I grow up.

-What a way to tease us about D's job....sucks he is gone, but good lord on the overtime.

-Rock on with the spring break vacay!

-Find a Game Stop to get the Nintendos. You will save mucho dinero.

-The zoo sounds like a really good time. I wish we had one close to us.

-Love you!

XOXO

The Mama said...

Maybe now that D is working so much you could cut pack on your hours and have more time at home while kids are in school?? That may help a bit!

I miss you so much, Jenn! I need to call and chat soon.

love ya

Terri said...

So glad Rowan is okay!!!

Good to hear from you...

Hope ya'll have a Happy Easter

Hugs
Terri

Stacy said...

congrats to the hub for his new job and man o man do i know how much it sucks to be home with kids all alone LOL hope you have a wonderful vacation with them and glad to hear Easter was good for you guys!

Tiffany said...

Being a single parent is hard huh? Glad Ro wasn't hurt worse.