Monday, July 3, 2006

~Santa Barbara~

::me in Santa Barbara::

          SoMyspaceresized.jpg

So, Santa Barbara was such a great trip...

The time driving down there was worth the fun...

Mind you, I did miss my babies and my hubby so much... but it was nice to get away.  It makes you realize what you've got when you haven't been around it in a few days :)

 

We left Friday morning around 1130am and we reached Santa Barbara at 430pm... we made pretty good time, especially with 3 potty breaks ;)

 

When we got to Santa Barbara, our friend Jen was still working... so we headed to her apartment where her sister (who was visiting also) and boyfriend were. We decided since that I'd never been to SB before, that we should take a walk down to the beach.

No problem there... it was a mere 10mins away.  The thing is, it was the hottest its been there in a long time.  95 degrees!!  It doesn't get that hot in SB... they kept telling us we brought the heat with us- and in the end, I was actually believing it ;)

       walktothebeachresized.jpg
(the walk to the beach)
coastlineresized.jpg
(the coast line... so beautiful)
      oilrigsresized.jpg
(One of a few oil rigs out in the middle of the ocean... no, I don't know the lady... and the pic is on ZOOM big time!)

 

That night, we went to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) and let me tell you, it was so yummy.  I've only eaten there once before and now I am really wishing we had one around here....

After dinner, we went and saw "The Devil Wears Prada"... It was so good.  It followed the book pretty well, but there were a few changes- all good though!
DevilWearsPradaresized.jpg
(Us outside the movie theater- Jen, Amy and Me!)

 

That night, we didn't do too much more.  Went to a house party- now I know why I didn't go to college... lol.  Then came back to their apartment building and sat in the spa for a bit.

Let me tell you, when we finally went to sleep... my head hit the pillow and I was OUT!

(guess its been a while for me, huh?)

 

The next day, we went to a very late lunch of sushi... It was yummy... different then what I've had before... but still yummy!
       Sushilunchresized.jpg
(speaking of sushi, I'm freakin' addicted... had some tonight!)

After lunch, we went to Jen's place of work... I will not post any pics of that, because I don't want her to get in trouble... but I can tell you its one of the biggest Resorts in Santa Barbara and is a favorite of Oprah and other famous stars.

We spent about an hour there, just looking around and taking tons of pictures... :)

 

Later, the tired butts we were... we went back to the apartment and took naps!!  Crazy huh?  But we needed it to make up for the night before and to prepare for that night...

 

Saturday night, we went to this restaurant called Chads... it was some yummy food and some really good drinks!  I guess they are famous for their martini's... I didn't have one.  I'm a beer kinda girl... but Amy and Jen did.
 JenandAmymartinisresized.jpg
(Amy and Jen showing off their drinks... )

After dinner we did some bar hopping and ended up at a place called The Study Hall.  I am not really a bar person... I don't take people being rude or being too stupid (ie Dumb Drunks!).  I especially don't take the rude little snoby witches (please replace the W with a B for it to make more sense!).

I did have a pretty good time though... It was a long night, but I didn't mind.  I guess its good for your soul every once in a while, lol.
FunTimesresized.jpg
(Me, Amy and Jen...)

Overall, even with the lack of sleep and me missing my babies, I had a great time...

It is something I will have to do again next year... if they stay in SB.  But if they don't, we'll have to travel where ever their little hearts take them (they like to travel!).

 

SO, I hope you like the condensed version of my trip... and the pics.  Believe me, there were plenty more... but I just didn't feel like resizing them all :)

Have a great evening,
~Jenn~

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that they all aren't..but that first pic of you is very good! Downward is ALWAYS a good angle. **Your photo tip of the day** ;) You always take good pictures anyway!

It looks like TONS of fun. I am glad you had a good time!

Hugs and love,
Heather

Anonymous said...

you deserve a break, glad you and the gals had a good time.
They look like nice girls...I miss those times with my friends.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an awesome time! You needed a getaway!

Glad you had fun!

~Jenn~

Anonymous said...

Aww...the pictures are great!!
I'm glad you had some time away!
Love,
Connie

Anonymous said...

I always miss my family when I have to be away from them..looks like you had fun..has your friend every dealt with oprah at the resort..Nice to have that much money...i could use some pampering celebrity style..Lol
donna In TEXAs
http://journals.aol.com/Lacaza3/sweepingthecobwebsofmymind

Anonymous said...

Well, first thing to do when I visit you, SUSHI!  Yup, this east coast gal never touched the stuff.

Now I'm the jealous one!

~V~

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks like a great time, just what you needed!

I am about 2/3rds through the Devil Wears Prada book, I can't wait to get it finished and see the movie.

hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time!

I don't do the bar scene well either.  I'll go with friends now and then, but its not my thing.  Nope.  I'd rather perch my butt on that beach and not leave til I had to :)

Never had sushi... don't think I'd care for it, though.  Like things cooked ;)

Can you email me pics?  Would love to see more, but only if you don't have to resize them....

Yeah, its good to get away and it does make you appreciate home more... LOL

Cat

Anonymous said...

it looks like you all had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time with the girls!!  We all need that from time to time, just to hang with our girlfriends!!  That beach is GORGEOUS!!!  Lucky you!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

loved the pictures
looks like you guys had so much fun
that sushi looks good
i have never tried it before but i may have to sometime
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

it looks like so much fun! Good for you enjoying a girlie getaway.
and that first picture....ROWR!!!!!

Laura, who knows crack whore barbie! :Þ

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time!!!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time ;)

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

looks like a great time and you my dear look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!  I've been wanting to see The Devil Wears Prada.  I adored the book.  

Santa Barbara looks beautiful...

I'm so glad you were able to unwind a bit!  

XO,
b