Saturday, July 22, 2006

~Yup, its Summer~

Summer has officially hit the Central Valley here in California... along with the rest of the country.

Today, it is supposed to be anywhere from 109-112 degrees outside... depending on what weather forecast you are looking at.

Personally, its all about the same after you go over 105!!

 

We've been spending a lot of time in the pool lately.

Its the only way to have fun and stay cool in this heat.

Shoot, I tried doing some shopping yesterday at the mall... I came out hotter than I was going in.  Horrible, I tell you.

Thank goodness we went straight over to my parents house... where we ended up spending about an hour and a half in the pool after the kids naps....

here are some pics....
waterbabiesresized.jpg
The kiddos on the water fall at my parents house... Rowan had gotten up there with her grandpa to jump off... and of course, mr. z had to be just like his big sister and get up there...

And of course, I had to take a picture :)
girlwaterfallresized.jpg
Miss Rowan being a dare-devil.

This little girl has gone from being scared of taking of her floaties a few weeks ago... to learning how to dive in the last few days.  Its amazing at how well she is picking up swimming.

She is even diving down a bit in the water to get those water rings that have weights in them... She gets so proud of herself... its too cute!  Her newest thing is seeing how long she can hold her breath under the water... the longest so far has been about 12 seconds!  Pretty good for a 4 1/2 year old, huh?
whataposerresized.jpg
what a ham!!

Of course, Mr. Zman is loving the water too.

He just doesn't quite understand that he doesn't know how to swim.  You literally have to stand right next to him because he has been known to try and go and swim.

If you hold him under his belly, he'll actually kick.  He's even learned to keep his mouth closed most of the time too.  And like I said earlier, he loves to copy his sister... so of course he is jumping off the edge of the pool- with our help, that is.

You count... One, Two, Three! and there he goes... holding onto your hands and kinda flops into the pool.

Zachary does have another talent that is oh-so-adorable.

If you tell him, "Show me your smile"... this is what you get... its not a great picture, but you'll get the point :)

Show Me Your Smile Zachary...
showmeyoursmileresized.jpg
I crack up every time he does it... its hilarious!!

Of course, if you are paying that much attention to the boy... the green eyed monster pops out in the girl... so this is what you get from her...
Rossmileresized.jpg
She has to be one of the cutest things... but I guess I'm kinda partial, huh :)

 

Well, I think that ends my summer time entry for today...

I have to go prepare myself to clean some house... I have to get that done and the kids down for an early nap today.

My grandma is up this weekend to celebrate her 89th birthday... and we are going over to my parents for more swimming and a "party" later this afternoon!

Have a fab Saturday...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG the kids are freaking adorable...and f-you and your parents kick ass pool, thanks for reminding me of how ghetto us east coasters are!

Love you anyway~

~Bitchy Nae

Anonymous said...

the are both such adorable kids.  I would never get anything done, because I would be playing with them all the time.
They look alot alike now..and gosh they are getting big!

Anonymous said...

Happy 89th Birthday to your Grammie!!!!!!!!!!  I hope you enjoy the day with her!  That pool is AWESOME at your parents house!  WOW!  I wouldn't get out of it either if it was 105 degrees outside!  YIKES!  Here I complain about it being over 80 in Connecticut.  I have no right to complain!  Loved seeing pics of your children!  That "Show me your smile" is just too CUTE!!!!!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pool your parents have!  The kiddos are cute as always!  :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to your grandma!!!
that is an awsome looking pool!
so lucky to have that to swim in!
the kids look sooo cute
loved the close up smiles, lol
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

Little waterdogs, they are!  

Autumn is scared of the pool...but Parker really seems to love it.  And I know I already told you...but I want to visit your parent's pool!  It's like a resort!  LOL

I love their silly smiles, by the way!  So precious.

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

happy 89th wow. What cute looking kids and great pictures. What a nice pool.

Anonymous said...

How cute are they?!?! Oh my goodness, Jenn, you and Derek are doing a fab job with those two.

Your parents pool is gorgeous!

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Hugs and love,
~Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh the waterfall is way, way cool. I have never seen one before...and I love the way she poses. A hambone, like my Tabby.

Anonymous said...

As always, I love the pictures.  I can't believe how big they're getting.  

Being in the pool is the ONLY way to stay cool these days.  We've been as high as 112 regular temp and 121 with the humidity....YUCK YUCK!!!!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

wait a minute, is that your pool or your parents?  OMG I want that pool!  LOL love the rock feature and all that stuff.  the kids are cuties of coarse.  It;s been really hot here at the jersey shore too, humid hot low 100's, ugh!  AC runs all day and all night, thank God for AC!  netti