Saturday, July 29, 2006

~A Day of Firsts~

Today was a day of Firsts in our house...

 

The first one was that we actually got to turn off our A/C today and open up the house.

It is the first time we've been able to do that in over a month!!!

Today hit about 90 degrees. 

It was muggy, Florida-like weather...

And we even got some showers!

Not like the Central Valley weather we normally get!

 

Its okay though.

We went swimming this afternoon and it even got a bit chilly and we had to retreat to our spa!

In the pool marked a another First for us.

 

Mr. Zachary jumped off the retaining wall that has two sheer descents coming from them.

Let me tell you.

This jump is a good 2 feet down.

I'd put him up on the wall, he'd do his little counting of "one, two, three" (of course he doesn't say one, two, three... but he does make noises that resemble the words) and then he'd jump to me.

No me holding his hands...

Just him going.

Let me tell you.

This boy is too damn brave when it comes to swimming.

He has no fear...

Of course which in turn gives me and the rest of my family gray hairs when it comes to him being near the pool!!

We just make sure there is some one with him at all times... that way, we can all enjoy ourselves in the pool... including Zachary.

 

Another First for today was that my husband was actually off of work ALL DAY LONG!!

That's right folks...

Today was one of the first Saturday's Derek has been off in gosh, I don't know how long!

It is nice to have him home...

 

And finally.

The last first.

 

Today, was my First day on Jenny Craig.

Yes, people.

I went and signed up with the likes of the famous Kirstie Alley and joined Jenny Craig.

So far, it is okay.

The food is surprisingly good and I hope to loose all the weight that I need/want to.

I'll let you guys know how its going later in the week...

I have my first weigh in/meeting on Friday morning!

 

Okay, enough firsts for today.

I've gotta go make my family dinner and then heat up my chicken fetticini Alfredo and steam some broccoli!

 

Have a great weekend Friends.
~Jenn~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best of luck with Jenny!
You can do it honey!
Love ya,
Connie

Anonymous said...

oh good for you ... seems like people usually have luck when they join things to help them.
we are here to help support and encourage you.
go mr zachary!  i know that would give me gray hairs too knowing that but just keep a close watch on him like you said.
glad you got to spend the day with your husband i bet it was nice to finally just have him home huh
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

It's funny how different the weather is from coast to coast.  90 degrees on the west coast seems cool....but here, because of the humidity, it seems horrendous.  

I can't believe Zach is so brave around the water!  Autumn doesn't like to swim much at all.  Of course, it took Parker awhile to warm up to the whole swimming thing and now he's a little water dog.  

Jenny Craig!  I'd love to join too, but I've always heard it's one of the more expensive diet plans.  I'm looking into Weight Watchers.  Please keep us updated on your progress.  Good luck!!

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Good for you joining Jenny Craig!  So many women in J-land are on the very same program, so you will have lots of support that's for sure!  You are young, so you have that on your side, losing weight should be easy peesy for you.  Have you ever thought of getting one of those pool guard alarms for your pool?  This way if God forbid Zachary gets outside when your back is turned, at least you will hear the alarm go off if he decides to take a dive in without you there.  Pools scare me with children!!!  They have no fear, especially when they are younger rather than older (the develop fear around 3-4 years old I think).  HOORAY for your honey bunny being home for a Saturday!  That must have been so nice!!!!!!!  I haven't turned off my A/C since May!  I don't plan on it either until October.  That could be why we just got an electric bill of $275 huh?  
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

so nice on all the first for the day.

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you puke up the JC food for the first time LMAO!

No seriously, good luck with it sweetie, that's an expensive program so it better work or I'll go kick Kirstie's ass!  

You could also move in with me for a month, you'll be under so much stress you won't want to eat!  As of late though I've been more on the depressed side which makes me eat more.can you believe I went from 112 when Stacy was here to 122 in less than 2 weeks?!?!?  If I keep this up my clothes won't fit!

~V~

Anonymous said...

It sure has been hot in CA lately...glad you got a day off from that heat!  And thank you for the comments in my journal.