Wednesday, August 2, 2006

~The County Fair and Sickies~

Friday started the 10 day run of our county fair.

Let me tell you...

I love the fair.

 

I love it for many reasons.

For the animals... 4 years in FFA does that to you.

For the smells... of all kinds!

For the food... who doesn't love the corn dogs and funnel cakes.

And of course, the Wranglers.

But that's for another time :)

 

Last night the kids and I... along with two of my best girlfriends... went to the fair.

One of our main reasons going was to see our ag-teacher from High School.  We love this lady, like no other teacher... and she of course, loves us too... being that she came to my wedding and my friend's wedding, to baby showers and get togethers, I'd have to say that was true :)

 

We also went to let Rowan and Zachary see all of the animals.

This was the second time Ro has been to the fair... last year, Zach was too small to go, so we didn't.

Let me tell you, they both enjoyed it!


I think at first, Zachary was a bit overwhelmed by the animals and people there...

But once he saw the cows (my son is obsessed with cows!!) he started squealing and moo'ing like a mad man!

He also enjoyed the sheep, chickens and the horses...

 

I was a bit upset though... as to the fact that I didn't have my camera during any point of this...

I had let Derek take it to work- he is obsessed with taking pics at work- and he hadn't brought it home.  Not his fault though.  He didn't know we were going to the fair... Oh well.

 

I did happen to catch Rowan on her very FIRST carnival ride with my camera phone.  I would post it here... but the picture is of poor quality and for some reason, my phone isn't sending pics to any email address that I've sent them too?

Let me tell you though...

Those "carnies" there... scare the Crapola out of me... I didn't even want to let Ro on the ride... but her "Aunties" gave me so much crap for not wanting her on them ("we survived the rides when we were younger... she will too!") I ended up letting her ride two rides.

I was glad I did too.

She had a blast and I enjoyed seeing her have a good time!

 

So, the fair was fun.

I miss showing my animals and partaking in all the events down there... although, it was hard work... those years showing were some of the best times of my life!

 

 

On to the sickies.

My dear husband came home sick from work last night.

He was working 7pm-6am and ended up home at 1230am with a 100. degree fever.

His body ached and he had no energy at all.

Poor boy.

He is so stubborn though... cause he is going to work tonight :x

I wish he'd stay home and just rest...

But he hates calling in sick.

I just hope he can make it through his 11 hour shift.

 

Okay, I'm done with my Jenny Craig lunch (Tuna Salad Kit... it was yummy!) and my salad....

Gotta get my booty back to working now!

Have a great Hump Day all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so is jenny Craig working for you?  

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought of you as an FFA kinda gal.  :)  

Anonymous said...

There really is something enticing about your home county fair.  The smells, the people, the rides...it brings back all those nostalgic memories of childhood.  

I'm sure your fair is MUCH bigger than ours...LOL.  In fact, it makes me chuckle just thinking of our pathetic little fair...but I still love it.  

Unfortunately, Parker can't handle them and Autumn's still too little to ride the rides...so I suspect we won't be going to one anytime soon.  *sigh*

Hope your hubby is feeling better!

XO,
bridgett

p.s.  This Jenny Craig food really does sound pretty good!  

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to the county fair in about 30 yrs.
Have never been to the State fair here in Alabama.
When I lived in Iowa we always went.  Don't know
why I never go these days.  Hm.
Connie

Anonymous said...

I love the little country fairs too, better than amusement parks!  But, I have to agree with you on those Carnies, they scare me too!!  And, to think they take down the rides and put them up all the time freaks me out too about the safety of them.  But, I am sure Rowan didn't ride anything too dangerous.  I am happy that you all had a great time!!  Sorry that your hubby is sick though.  :(  Stubborn man needs to stay home and REST!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

sorry you didnt have the camera : /
there will be another fair though ;) maybe you can even go back
hope your hunnie feels better
i hate when the "big babies" dont feel well
almost worst than when the little ones dont.
lol
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good time at the fair. Sorry your hubby is sick. He should stay home but they can be so stubborn. I remember the first time my kids rode rides. It was so cute. They were scared and loved it at the same time. Priceless.