Monday, January 1, 2007

"C" Revisited... Better Late then Never...

Well...

I suppose that I should put in an entry on our "C" (just for you Lisa... lol).

I'm really behind because of a few different reasons.

One, "C" is a very very busy time of the year... Must do the visits and do all the new toys and what not.

And two, the Wednesday after "C", I came down with the stomach bug... AGAIN!!  See, my poor mom came down with it on "C" eve and was sick all the next day...

So, I don't know if I ever got all the way over it the first time... or if I was one of the lucky ones to come down with it again... And my poor dad came down with it on Wednesday too.

 

Anyways...

Our "C" was wonderful.

"C" eve we go to my brother/sister-in-laws... where all of Derek's side of the family is... We had a blast and had some really yummy food.

The kids got spoiled... as you'll see in the pictures...

Thankfully, Derek was able to get someone to cover part of his shift that night... so he didn't have to go to work until 10pm. 

What sucked was that he was supposed to get off at 4am and then on the way home- not 5 mins from our house- he came upon an accident and didn't get home until almost 530am!!

And the kids woke up at 730am!!  Luckily, I was able to hold them off for a while and he was up at 815 to open gift and then have breakfast.

 

The kids got a good loot from Santa... as you can see in the big picture.  Rowan got her umbrella and her bag that she asked for... and Mr. Z got a Firetruck... which he loves.

 

After we had breakfast, Derek went back to bed until around 115pm and then got up toget ready to go to my parents house.

He was there only to open gift and then had to go to work.  He was so bummed... as well as we were... it was weird not having him and my mom at dinner :(

Hopefully next Christmas no one will be sick... or have to work...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all your pics!  The kids must be so rotten w/ all those gifts.  :)  I love the one of Mr. Z in his police car!  And Rowan in her mermaid dress...she's gorgeous!  Just think, one day you'll see her in her own wedding dress walking down the aisle!  Hopefully waaaaaaaaaaaay down the road...haha.  :)  Lots of pics of everyone but you...you must be the photographer.  ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the "C" mentions!  LOL!  Isn't it a pain to write that all the time?  Your kids look so adorable and are so happy!!  I can't believe they both fit in that police car!  Emma wouldn't even be able to get in that thing, but here are your 2 little peanuts sitting in it.  That wedding dress is just beautiful and it made my heart do a little flutter seeing Rowan in it.  Just think, one day she will be dressed similar to that on her own wedding day.  They are growing up way too fast!!  Poor Derek and the no sleep!  How does he do it?!  Wait, I know, my hubby did the same thing for over 13 years.  It stinks though.  I hope next year he is able to not have to worry about when he will get sleep and just enjoy the holiday more.  Thank you for sharing these!  Glad everyone is feeling better!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Is that a 'Baby Alive' that Rowan has?  My friend's daughter wanted one too, the were so expensive on E-bay, but she managed to get one anyway!

Anonymous said...

your kids are so cute! I love seeing the joy on their faces opening the presents.

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures!  Looks like Zachary loved his police car.  Rowan was adorable in her wedding dress.  Too cute!!  It sucks to have to work during the Holidays.  Somebody has to do it though.  Hopefully someone else will work this year though.  

Luv~Heather