Saturday, December 23, 2006

Should Have Known...

I should have known that I wasn't going to be so lucky and have that nasty virus that was making its way around my house hit me.

Well, it did.

I went home early from work on Thursday...

I started to feel like poo and didn't want to spread my germs to everyone in the office...

So I went to the grocery store and picked up the normal foods that someone with the flu or a GI virus would need...

Gatorade.

Crackers.

Bread.

Advil.

You know the things.

I ended up falling asleep on the couch at home (after I picked the kids up from my mom and dad's) around 745pm!!

I'm never asleep that early.

Thankfully the kids were good and just sat on the couch with me and watched movies.

 

The next morning I woke up feeling about the same.

Unsteady.

Queasy.

Icky, basically.

 

Well, I had an 8am appointment to get my hair done and there was no way I was going to miss that.

I had to have my hair touched up... it was starting to fade around the roots and because of my brother's wedding on the 6th (YES! Jan. 6th!!) I just had to go.

I had planned on doing other things afterwards, but that wasn't happening.

 

By the time the gal colored my roots and I sat for a bit, I thought I was going to die.

Stomach cramps.

Back pain.

Ickiness all over.

 

I didn't even  have my hair trimmed - thank goodness I don't do too much to it to give it split ends.  I just had her wash it and I threw it up and left her with her check.

I felt so bad!!

 

I ended up calling my mom on the way home (she was there with me but doing other things after the appointment) and asked her to go and get a few gifts that I knew Derek wouldn't be able to get.

 

Thankfully, I have one of the bestest mommies in the world and she got what I needed.

 

I ended up spending the rest of the day on the couch or in the well, um, bathroom... too not get too graphic.

Thankfully though, it wasn't as bad as Derek's sickness... but it still wasn't fun.

 

I'm feeling much better today though.

Still got that feeling like my body had been through the ringer.

Tired.

Back hurts.

Headache.

 

But I went out and finished my shopping.

I did a super duper fast trip in Target... and when I came out, my face was white as a sheet... yeah, probably did it a little too quickly... lol.

 

Thankfully though, I'm a tough cookie and on my way to being 100% healthy.

Finished my shopping.

Finished my wrapping- except for one present I can't do since my hubby is home...

And tonight, I'm just going to relax at my parents house... visit with my Grandma.

 

Tomorrow I'll worry about getting the house cleaned and making the dishes for the Christmas Eve festivities at my BIL/SIL's house.

 

Merry Christmas Friends...

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Love to All,
Jenn

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww man, I am so sorry you ended up with this virus!!  I thought Mommy's had the power to not get sick, but I know better since I am not doing too well today.  But, wow, you did a lot for being sick woman!!!  I wouldn't have been able to stand the smell of hair color and yet you went and got yours done!  You are MY hero!!!!!!!!  Hope you are back to normal by tomorrow.
Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you ended up with that nasty bug!!! Glad you're feeling better!!!  

Have a wonderful Xmas!!!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to catch that nasty bug!  Glad you're already feeling better though.  Have a great xmas!

Anonymous said...

aww! poor you! Hope you are feeling much better. Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

hope you feel better
i was feeling this way when it hit through our house
i know its not fun
have a merry christmas
<3, em

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't get hit hard with the nasty virus.  It seems to be going around.

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Hope your feeling better by now...
Merry Christmas Jenn!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

hope you feel better...my niece and grand nephew came up for Christmas...he started throwing up the first night, and she spent the next two days vomiting...poor thing...none of us have this one..yet..

love, kas

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better by now!
Lori