Sunday, January 21, 2007

Surprise Party!

So, yesterday we celebrated Rowan's 5th Birthday...

She doesn't turn 5 until Tuesday, but because it is on Tuesday, we threw the party yesterday...

Did I mention that it was a Surprise Party??

Yeah, it was... and boy was she clueless and shocked!

 

We had been cleaning and planning all week long... and come yesterday, my friend Amy- her honorary Auntie- and I took her to the mall for a Girls Day.

We went to Build-A-Bear because we always do that for her birthday and then went to Journey's Kids... a shoe store... to get her a new pair of Vans.  They are so cute.  White with Hearts and everything.

After we left the very packed mall... (no wonder I don't shop on the weekends!!)... We hit up Applebee's because we had time to spare.

See, everyone was meeting at my house at 3pm... and we left the mall at 2pm.  I didn't want to get home until about 315 or so, that way if I had people show up a bit late to the house, we wouldn't be driving up at the same time.

Well, Applebee's took longer than expected.  We didn't get out of there until 310pm!!  Let me tell you, both Amy and I were checking on the time and when the food did finally show up... we scarfed it down so fast...

So... we headed home and I called the house when we were about 2 blocks or so away....

Rowan only noticed that my Grandma's car was there... but I told her that my mom and dad and grandma were there visiting her new hamster (more on that in a minute).

Rowan walked through the door first... and as you can see from this picture... she was totally surprised.
Surprisers.jpg
She was so surprised, she didn't know what to think...
Whattheheckrs.jpg
What the heck mom?

She didn't know what to think... Once it all settled in to her, she was one happy camper.
Happyrs.jpg

We did a Hula theme... with lei's and all.  Because she was the special Birthday Girl, she got the prettiest one... aka... one that wasn't plastic... but plastic and flowers :)
Birthdaygirlrs.jpg

God she is growing up.

After we all settled in and ate some food, we had Present time.  She got some really great stuff... but because the pictures contain family memebers, I'm not going to post those pictures. 

She did get a Fisher Price Kid-Tough Camera from Derek and I... she has been using it all sticking weekend :) 

She also got new shoes, a couple of outfits... 3 pairs of sunglasses... and some Littlest Pet Shoppe toys... she came away from her birthday a winner, let me tell you!

 

Next up was CAKE!!  We love cake...
HulaCakers.jpg
Her hula cake was marble with chocolate pudding in the middle... it has become such a hit with us and our family, that is the only cake that we get now :)

HappyBirthdayrs.jpg
Her she is... all excited about people singing her Happy Birthday.

SweetGirlrs.jpg
I swear, she can be so sweet sometimes...

Candlers.jpg
Happy Birthday Rowan...

 

Okay... so about this Hamster I was telling you about :)

I went to the Pet Store on Friday with Zachary with all the intentions in the world to just get Dog Food for Lola and Tango.

Well, something came over me and I made my way down to the area where they keep the hamsters and rabbits.

All of the sudden, I found myself picking out a "home" and looking at the different foods and treats.  I stopped there and then made my way to get the dog food and then asked a clerk for help with the hamsters.

I picked out a Black Bear Hamster... I'm not sure if it is a boy or a girl, but it is awfully cute. 

I came home and put together the house for it... and put "her" in the home.  I didn't mention it to Rowan when I picked her up from school... I let her find it herself.  Yes, she was surprised.

Well, she named "her" Daisy and she lives in a Pink home that the company made to give partial funds to the cause of Breast Cancer.  I love it... it is stinkin' cute!

Here is Daisy... enjoying a Peanut...
Daisy2rs.jpg

And this is her cute little home...
DaisysHomers.jpg

She is still kinda getting used to us... I held her for a millisecond this afternoon.  Rowan is obsessed in making sure she is okay all the time... lol. 

We'll have to get her a different cage sometime down the road when she gets bigger... and some other toys and what not...

But for now, I think its okay.

 

Okay, I hope you enjoyed the pictures...

Have a great week!

 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is growing up, twinnie.  No doubt about it.  She seems so much older than Parker to me.  Then again...girls always do age faster.  

That cake sounds delish!  Where do you have your b-day cakes made?  The last one we bought for Autumn was so rich none of us could gag it down.  

Parker has a Kid-Tough camera too!  A Christmas gift from Santa.  ;)  He's always saying, "Say Cheese, mommy!"  LOL  I just wish the stupid thing had a zoom on it!  All the pictures look like you're taking them from the moon.  

So glad Rowan had a great birthday.  Parker's is coming up in March.  So hard to believe......

Love and miss you, twinnie!
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

Adorable!  Where in the world do you live that it is warm enough to wear tank tops right now?   We had a hamster named Daisy once too, I love the little fur balls!

Anonymous said...

how cute! Happy Birthday Rowan!
My god, she is so grown up, so beautiful
I'm going to send you a stick now so that you can practice beating the boys away, haha

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

OMG, I could never have a suprise party for anyone...I can't keep a nice suprise like that a secret!  I'm too excited to share it.

I can't believe she's five!  Audrey will be five in April, and she reminds everyone that asks.  :)

Rowan really looks like a big girl now!  (sniff)  I love her hair :)
Anna
P.S.  When I go to PetsMart, I eye the guinea pigs.  Ryan would love one, but...my husband has put a zero population growth rule on the front door.  LOL

Anonymous said...

What a pretty cake, and what a lucky little girl she is to have so many people who love her.
She is a doll, looks so grown up....I love watching your kids grow up..from the pictures you send.Happy Birthday Rowan!!! May you have many many more..

Anonymous said...

Aww, look at her, the Little Lady. PERFECT timing on that shot coming in the door...the look on her face says it all! What a great mom!

Of course, now I'm craving birthday cake. That one looked so good. Well, enjoy the hamster, and have a great Monday,

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

awww..how awesome! She is so beutiful! Looks more like you every day!! The party rocks!! And that cake..NICEEEE

Anonymous said...

my God are you sure she is only 5?? holy flipping moly..she is gorgeous..little girls don't stay little girls for very long any more huh?
lyn

Anonymous said...

she is a cutie pie. Great pictures of her. Sounds like one great birthday she had. Yep the hamster is cute. We had our share that's for sure. Oh yea, love the cake.

Anonymous said...

First of all the pics are adorable!  :)  Second of all you really shouldn't have to get another cage for the hamster. I used to have hamsters(I've had 3 of them), and they don't need a huge cage.  If that cage works w/ the little tubes you can attach, you can just get a few of those and make her a little maze to climb through.  Those little balls they have are good for letting them run around the house and getting exercise.  Also how come you didn't know if it was a male or female?  I know at places like PetSmart and Petco they have it clearly marked if hamsters/gerbils/guinea pigs etc are male or female and they're usually in separate cages to keep them from mating.  And if it is a boy, it'll be really apparent as it gets bigger...their testicles get very swollen.  LOL.  I tried to put it nicely...haha.  ;)  Anyways Happy B-Day to your big girl!  Well tomorrow anyhow.  HEHE.  Looks like a great weekend for her!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROWAN!!!!!!  How fun to have a surprise bday party at only 5 years old!!!  I bet she was THRILLED beyond belief!  She will remember this day always.  She is growing up and looks 10 already.  Please tell her to stop!!!  Love the hamster by the way.  I have two rodents of my own, but they are gerbils (less smelly), Frodo and Baby.  I hold them all the time.  Once they get used to you, they won't "nibble" on your fingers as much.  Buy an exercise ball for the hamster too, they love that!!!  Glad Rowan's special day was wonderful!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RO!!! Man, I can't believe she's five already and she is just so darn cute.

Much Love,
Jolene

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. It looks like she had a great birthday party and the hamster is too cute!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Rowan!  (Dang, I've always wanted someone to throw me a surprise luau. LOL!)

Anonymous said...

Just saying hello friend! Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I really enjoyed visiting you. Terrific pics Nice famnily feeling - very warm and together. Can I invite you to drop by and visit me at NEW & YOU whenever you have a spare minute? I’m sure you know that you will always be very welcome.
Good wishes,
John                        
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jonh8m/new--you/

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Miss Rowan!!! : D

She is looking LIKE SUCH A BIG GIRL! Ahhh How time flies by. She is one beautiful little lady.

Sorry so late with this, I am not getting alerts (at all - and can't seem to get it fixed grrr). I'm glad to finally see the birthday girl.

I hope alls well!

Huuugs

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm rather new in J-land and came across your Journal by way of the Journal Index believe it or not lol. I had to stop in when I read  the name of your Journal simply because I just adopted a blk lab, husky mix hearing dog by the name of none other Pickles. Your daughter Rowan is absolutely the cutest. I remember doing the same things for my daughter at that age. And yes, we did the hamster too, actually several of them LOL. Next you will be getting tubes and more cages that connect and make a maze. (Who can say no, when you want to spoil the little critter yourself) I loved reading about Rowen's birthday party, please give her a b-lated hug and tell her she is wished all the dreams , she can dream. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Rowan is looking sooo grown up these days.  HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!!!  The hamster is cute, but ewwww...lol  I got one for Casey and it was cool for about 2 weeks.  Then it was just me cleaning the nasty cage every week...yuck!!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Damn I wanna be your kid LOL!

I love her hair she looks so mature, gosh time does fly doesn't it!

So ya having cake again on Tuesday?  

...save me a slice :)

Anonymous said...

oh, what a cute little girl...and an adorable hamster...