Friday, August 8, 2008

Busy Busy Pickles

Life in the Pickle Jar has been quite busy the last few weeks...

We all have been doing this ~ n ~ that (hi Heather!) around town lately.

Derek has been working... with his new assignment, he can be called out at a moment's notice and be gone any where from 1 hour to 10! His new assignment is a rather fast paced one... and he is really enjoying it.  It fits him to a T.

I've been busy being "taxi"... lol But what mom isn't, right?

Rowan started Cheerleading on July 21st for our local Pop-Warner team.  She is too young to be an actual cheerleader, so she is a Mascot.  The Mascot's still learn and perform cheers... but they can't go out on the field and perform at half-time.

I was disappointed hearing this because I know how much my daughter loves to shake her booty - but I think she'll enjoy the cheerleading part well enough.

She did have a tough time this last Monday... See, she is the Mascot for their Varsity team.  There are close to 20 girls on the team - only 4 of them are new to the program.  Of course these girls all know the cheers and moves... so when it came time for Rowan to learn them, she got overwhelmed and very upset.

She is so like me.

The poor thing started crying... and it took everything in my body to stay in my seat and not walk down to the field to comfort her.

I have to say though, she has been doing much better the last few days... I'm so proud of how quickly she is learning the steps and cheers.  There are a few complicated ones that she is still struggling with... but I think she'll eventually get them down too.

Right now, she has practice Mon-Fri, from 6-730pm.  Yikes!  Thankfully, after the season starts, it will be only three days a week. 

I can't wait to see her out on the sidelines - cheering her little heart out.  As soon as I get some good pictures, I'll be sharing them :)

 

I'm also taking Rusty (the puppers - who is now 6months old and weighing 42lbs!!) to an obedience class on Wednesday night. I think it is doing really good things for him - not that he is a bad dog... but I think doing this now, while he is a puppy will keep him a good dog.

He is so mellow and rarely gets excited about too many things.  He is an odd little duck - dog, excuse me - he doesn't have the drive to chase a ball or play tug-a-war.

But he sure does love going on his walks with his Momma and sister (our Rottie Lola)... He is such a Momma's boy, it isn't even funny. I think Derek is a bit jealous... since he was meant to be more his dog. Haha.

 

Zachary doesn't really have much going on... just his gymnastics on Monday nights.  He hasn't been going much lately because of Rowan and her cheerleading.  He'll start back up next week - only if Derek is home to take him! lol

 

I'm hoping that even with our busy schedule, I'll be able to keep up with this journal... I'm glad I finally came back. 

No comments: