Saturday, August 9, 2008

Death

We had a death today in the Pickle Jar...

 

Poor Miss Rowan lost her hamster to the Hamster God's.

 

She has had him for just over 2 years... and recently, he had been sounding pretty awful. Sneezing and some snorting, grunting type stuff.

 

This morning, I found him stuffed into the corner of his cage.

 

He didn't move when I blew on him.

Or when I knocked the cage.

Or even when I tipped the cage sideways.

 

Yeah. He was dead as a door nail.

::sigh::

 

When I first told her, I think she thought I was playing...

Until she saw for herself.

 

Then she was a bit sad... some tears and asking Why.

 

But once I got him out of the cage and into a box... and then into the trash can outside (LOL)... she seemed fine.

 

The next minute she asked... "Can I get a rabbit now?"

 

Haha... Guess she wasn't too upset after all!

No comments: