Sunday, February 15, 2009

Party Party!

Last night we had Rowan's birthday party with her friends...

It was supposed to be four girls total - with Rowan - but unfortunately, one of her little friends came down with a stomach bug, so she was unable to make it!

There was pizza and snacks - as you can see from the picture - and cupcakes for the girls to decorate!

I think the girls were a little shy because one of them ate the pizza - but you know all three girls indulged in the cupcakes with a SUPER amount of sprinkles!!



They played Rowan's Disney Wii Sing It for a while... its was so cute to see them rock out and sing their favorite songs together...
Its funny to see kids interact outside of school... I think its a lot better for them... since they don't have the Pressure of other friends, ya know?
They also played some Twister and then it was time for presents.
Rowan is the proud owner of a brand new $10 bill and some High School Musical PJ's. I believe she said that she was going to buy something for herself at Target when we go today with that $10.... That's going to be a hard one to explain to Zach why he's not getting something ::sigh::
I'm not sure when we'll be heading out... The weather is horrible today. Extremely windy, cold and wet. It doesn't make running errands very easy.
I want to go to Kohl's or Bed Bath and Beyond to see about getting a new bedding set for our room. I'm tired of the mismatched stuff and I want something I've picked out - rather then handmedowns. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the handmedowns (from my in-laws) because they are really nice bedding and if I don't have to pay for stuff, I'm down for that. But I'd like to have something that Derek and I picked out. We haven't bought any bedding for our bed and we've had it for about two years now.
I'm thinking something like a tan and blue mix. I love those color combos and I'd love to paint my main wall a blue gray color and then do a light tan on the rest of the walls. Now, I just gotta convince Derek to do it! LOL
Okay!
I'm off to eat Cinnamon Rolls with the kiddies - horribly bad for you, but horribly tasty!!
Have a good weekend Friends.

4 comments:

Bridgett said...

Oooh! The bedroom sounds like it would be pretty! Very peaceful too.

So glad Row had fun with her friends. Those pictures are priceless.

XOXO

Heather said...

Your color choice sounds awesome! I'd say just do it, once it's done they can't complain. Also, my motto is, "She who cleans it, decorates it." I generally win then.

;)

Glad the girls had a fab time!

Terri said...

I think the ideas you have for your bedding and walls sound beautiful...if you do it take pics please :)

I love handmedowns too...sadly no one has ever given me bedding I've had to buy it..lol

I am so glad the party went well...I love the pic of the girls dancing...too cute!

Hugs
Terri

Tiffany said...

Am I crazy for looking forward to the girly sleep overs that I'll soon get to experience again having two little girls? HEHE. :)