Friday, March 4, 2005

~All Is Well~

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful comments regarding having to take Zachary to the doctors... Everyone is soooo sweet!

Everything went really well at the doctors this morning.  Zach is gaining weight, up to 8lbs now, even with him not eating too much...

The doctor said there is nothing to worry about his jaundice.  He is a little yellow, but not too bad she said.  She said you should start to worry when he looks like Pooh Bear :)  LOL. 

As for the not eating and the extra sleeping, she just said to make sure to get him up every few hours and get him to eat.  She said because he is gaining weight, wetting diapers and passing stoole, there isn't much to worry about.

She also said that his periodic breathing is nothing unusual.  As long as we are able to wake him up... Even by undressing him and using a wet cloth on his feet... Thats okay.  He is still pretty new... :)

I think I'm just worried because he is sooo different from Rowan.  Rowan used to love to eat... Actually, she still does.  We never had a hard time getting her to eat or having her wake up.  This Little Man is just wanting to sleep and take a few drinks every few hours... I guess no child is ever the same as his/her sibling...

We go back next Thursday for his 2 week check up... So, hopefully by then, he'll be doing better.  The doctor was also very reassuring about bringing him back in if we think we need to.  She is very personable and seems to care... Which some doctors lack! 

Well, its about that time to try to get him to eat again.  Wish us luck ;)  And thank you ALL for all the wonderful, reassuring comments...

::Hugs to All::

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Zach is ok, I hate when there that little you can't tell whats wrong but you did good...by checking it out.  I have 5 kids and everyone was different.  So you can't really compare with Rowan huh?

Anonymous said...

Great news...so glad to hear it....what a healthy sweet lil man....have a great weekend....Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Whew!
I am soo happy that everything went well.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well with the Dr.!

~Jenn

Anonymous said...

Oh, Im so glad everything was fine...Are you pumping though?..Dont want you to go dry for when he DOES start eating more!! ;)..How long are you planning on breastfeeding aNYWAYS?..uNTIL YOU GO BACK TO WORK OR LONGER?...jUST CUROUS....(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear such good news!!!
Laura

Anonymous said...

I used to have to wake up one of my children all the time to eat, I just for the life of me can't remember which one!  LOL!  I would undress them, take their diaper off and everything, and they would sleep through it all!  It was too funny!!  Actually, I think it was Matthew!  So there ya' go, it was a boy too!  Sounds like everything is going well over there with Wacky Zachy!  I can't wait to see pics of him!!!!!!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear he is ok..he is just a good baby..I use to worry because mine never cried..even my grandpa said is there something wrong with that baby? I have never heard her cry..some just have a sunny diposition plus love to sleep..
Give him a couple more months and he will be eating you out of house and home!! LOL..Send us some more pictures if you get time..I love new babies they are so sweet..
god bless~

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo glad everything was okay.  Try not to stress too much.  I can tell you that, but I did the same thing with Casey.  Who am I kidding, I still do the same thing..lol  Casey was 4 lbs. at birth.  We brought her home at 3lbs 10oz.  They told us to wake her every 3 hours to eat.  YEAH RIGHT!!!  She wouldn't wake up enough to eat.  She had no sucking reflex so it took an hour to get 1/2 oz. in her.  I finally figured she would wake up when she was hungry and she did.  She would sleep like 4-5 hours and then wake up to eat.  Try and relax!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everything is okay... you never know with a new baby... I think you did exactly the right thing by taking him to the doctor... and how wonderful that your doctor was easy to get along with... I hate doctors that treat people like they are stupid... Have fun with your sleepy baby!

http://journals.aol.com/daneykakes/AnadsJournal

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that all is well with baby zachary!  It is awful when you think your little ones are not well.  Take care of yourself too!  Linda

Anonymous said...

It seems every Mommy of two discovers that.  They are polar opposites.  Though with my luck the next baby would be JUST as cranky as Sam was... but a lovely toddler!! Oh I am so happy for you Jen!! H UGS

Anonymous said...

Good to hear!  Did they say anything about sitting him in the sun????