Tuesday, March 8, 2005

~Quickie on a Tuesday Afternoon~

Hmm, lets see... Its been a few days since my last entry... So what do I have to catch you all up on in the few quiet minutes I have to do this one :)

Well, lets see... Sunday we had a visit with my brother and his girlfriend.  They haven't seen Mr. Zachary since he was born, due to the fact that they both attend college at UC Davis and they don't always have the free time to come down and visit.  So, my brother was home for the weekend because he had a hockey tourney in Southern Cali... And they decided to stop by Sunday evening for a visit.  It is always great to see my brother... Miss Rowan just loves her Uncle Boo.  And its great to see him interacting with Zachary.  I just laugh, because he is so timid and doesn't want to hurt him... lol.  Oh well.  He'll learn to hold a baby without thinking he'll hurt him... Someday.

Monday was a pretty quiet day.  We didn't do much.  Oh.  We did get our taxes done.  Thankfully, we are getting money back, but it isn't exactly what we were expecting to get.  Derek seriously works too much :)  Haha... Luckily, next year, we'll be able to claim two children instead of just one too...

Rowan had gymnastics last night.  I was able to take her... Yep.  Daddy stayed home with Zach and I was able to drive for the first time in 2 weeks.  Let me tell you, it was weird getting behind the wheel again... haha.  2 weeks isn't even that long, but when you seriously haven't driven a mile in that period, it makes you think you almost forgot how to drive!!

Rowan had a great time at gym.  She missed going... And of course, because she didn't go last week, she missed the skills check off again!  I swear, my child will never advance in her class because she never makes it to that... I'm such an awful mom ;)

I had my 2 week check up this morning.  All is well... I was a little disappointed in the amount of weight that I've lost.  I've only lost 20lbs when after 2 weeks of having Rowan, I had lost 35lbs.  But I guess because I didn't gain as much this time around, I suppose only loosing 20lbs is a good thing.  But I've been declared healthy and I plan on starting Weight Watchers next Tuesday... I've decided that I have a goal weight (not sharing!!) and to get there I have to loose another 46lbs!!  Goodness... That is a small child right there... Argh.  Why is loosing weight so much harder than gaining it???

Zachary is doing really well.  Last night, he was up just 3 times... At his 1am feeding, he ate so much that he ended up spitting up in his sleep.  I hate it when little ones do that.  So, I woke up to him laying in a "puddle" of spit up and then fed him again... The only bad thing was that I couldn't get him to get back to sleep.  Then he was crying, and crying, and crying... So, eventually, he and I went out to the front room and feel asleep together on the couch.  I know, I know... Not the best thing, but he was on my chest and I had a good strong grip on him ;)

Why is it that babies just love to sleep on your chest too?  I know it has to do with the heart beat and just being close to someone... But it makes it sooo difficult to put them down... lol.  Actually, putting a baby down is hard enough... But knowing they love to lay next to you makes it even harder!!

I know I've been promising pictures of our Little Man... Well, just let me tell you something... I was promised a storm door that is still not up... So, you'll just have to keep waiting for them pictures :D  lol.  Soon, I promise though...

Well, I need to go wake the kiddo up because its been about 4.5 hours since the last time he ate and I'm about ready to pop... I hope you all have a wonderful week...

::many hugs::

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, it took me two years with Sam, and he's my first!!!!!!!!!  I gained over 60 pounds, and I was at 199 AFTER BIRTH!!!!!!  Talk about depressed.  I lost 30 right off the bat, and the rest is S L O W L Y coming off.  Don't worry, when Zach starts walking in a year, you KNOW it will come off!! LOL HUGS XO

Anonymous said...

Hi! Ive been reading your journal the last couple of weeks, and thought id finally leave a comment :)  Glad to hear that everythings going Well with Zach and Rowan!  I need to lose about that much weight myself, but i dont have an excuse cuz i dont have any babies! (((hugs)))  Ann  

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well at your check up! I know laying with baby on your chest isn't the best thing to do....but I did that with shortcake too ;o) I think they just grow up so fast and become so independant (much quicker these days) that you want to cherish every moment of them while they are totally dependant on you ;o) It's the best feeling in the world!
Much love & blessings to you!
~Angel

Anonymous said...

HEY 20 pounds is 20 pounds, right?..;)...And I know exactly what you mean about not feeling right when yuo go to drive again..I remember acting like I had just got my licence when i got back behind the wheel after Ty..LOL..Putting my blinker on ALWAYS..and 500 feet before the turns..LOL..too funny..I'm glad you are alreayd well enough to do that though! That means your doc is good!! HAHA (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

20 pounds sounds pretty darn good to me!  I lost 26, and I think I've gained most of it back since I stopped breastfeeding.  LOL  I've had a MUCH harder time losing the weight this time around.  It's disheartening.  

As for the spitting up, Autumn is a champion.  Parker never spit up, but Autumn seems to do it all the time.  I know it's because she gulps her food.  You'd think we never fed the kid...that is until you see all her fat rolls.  LOL  

Love,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

Awww I could picture it in my mind the baby laying on your chest like that listening to your heart beat.. a very sweet picture of mother and child.. Cant wait to see some pictures of the little guy..! :) Miss M*

http://journals.aol.com/domesticatedchic/SomethingLikeLifePartDeux/

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about little man falling asleep
on your chest.  Momma's have this safety thing
in their minds...you know, whenever the little
one moves even the slightest bit, you wake up.
Enjoy this time honey.  It goes by so quickly...
Mine is 21 years old now!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I used to LOVE when my children fell asleep on my chest!  I miss that so much!  They are so warm and cozy and just listening to their little breaths is such a wonderful feeling.  Glad you got back out on the road!  Woo-hoo!!  I bet Rowan was happy to get back into a routine again.  Don't worry, you aren't a bad mommy, you just had other more pressing "obligations" to attend to.  Namely Wacky Zachy!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....

This entry is a goodin Pickle. Oh my goodness, I just realized that you have a future hockey player in the house now. YAY!! (not that little miss Rowan Knowin couldn't play if she wanted to *wink* but she has her jumping bean classes, huh!?) Babies can put thier skates on around 3 nowa days. They have in-line skates with only two wheels and seeing the tots out there on the court is the cuttest thing on the face of this earth!! the little goalies can Really go deep in the net -like All the Way, LOL!!!

God Speed and many many hugs all around,

@~barbie>~~

Anonymous said...

Good luck with getting to your goal weight.
It sounds like you are doing great, I am glad to hear it. Keep us posted, and hurry up with those pictures!! :)
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Promises, Promises...LOL...J/k

I bet it was nice to get out and get a break.  Rowan will catch up with her class...don't worry ;)

Good luck on your weight loss.  I love Weight Watchers.  46 pounds is my 6 year old...lol  Don't beat yourself up....you just had a baby!!  PLUS you've had C-sections....lots harder to lose that tummy.  You'll get there though.  

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Zach is doing good! Sounds like you guys are adjusting well.  Can't wait to see pics so tell that hubby of yours to get crackin on the uploading! LOL

~Jenn

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is going smoothly, well as smotthly as it can get with a newbie!  You are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Hi!  This is my first time here......got link from Vernae's journal.  When my daughter was a baby at bed time I would take my shirt, gown or whatever I had on off and put in the bed with her.  It worked like a charm!!!!  
Hugs,
Chrissy