Saturday, March 5, 2005

~Quiet Day~

Today has been pretty quiet.  All seems to be well... With everyone.

Zachary is eating better and still sleeping a whole lot... LOL.  I realized that yesterday was his official due date... So, I'm guessing him sleeping is a good thing and probably something that he needed.  His breathing still bothers me, but hey, if the doctor told me it isn't anything to worry about, then I guess I shouldn't worry.  And he has actually figured out that he can cry... And cry really loudly he does!!  For the first couple of days home, he would just wimper, but now, he lets it go... I don't mind though.  It means that he is doing okay.  I just hope that when we go to the doctors on Thursday for his 2 week check up, that he is gaining weight and doing great... And I have a feeling that he will be :)

Sleep has been something that I'm actually getting... Can you believe it?  Derek is sooo great.  Because he is so used to staying up at night, he actually will stay up with Zach while I go to bed... And when Zach wakes for a feeding a few hours later, Derek brings him to me.  So, I've been getting about 2-3 hours of good sleep before I even have to deal with Zach at night.  How awesome is my husband?

Rowan is still dealing pretty well with her brother.  She gives him hugs and will rock his bassinet saying, "Its okay Bubbas"... lol.  She is such a sweet heart and loves him sooo much already.

Today we went to a neighboring town and checked out some new homes being built there.  No, we aren't looking to buy/sell... We were just looking.  They are very lovely homes... But right now, we aren't ready to do that whole buy/sell stuff.

Then we were off to get some lunch at a really yummy resturant.  We got it to go... But it is still as yummy when you get it home.  After we had lunch, we went outside and just enjoyed the day.  It got up to 68 degrees today!!!  And we are expecting to get up to the mid-70's by the middle of the week... I can't wait.  I believe Spring is starting to come around.

We have a lot of work to do in the yards this spring and Derek actually started to do some of it today while we were outside.  No, I didn't do anything but play with Rowan and watch the Little Man.  But you gotta enjoy the wonderful weather when you can!

Right now, Rowan and her Daddy are outside enjoying the spa.  I would love to go out there and be with them, but I'm guessing that seating in the spa with my incision isn't the best thing for myself.  Oh well, in a few weeks I'm sure that I'll be just fine to enjoy it too.  Just gotta have someone there to watch Zach I suppose... Hmm... Is a three year old able to do that??  Haha.  Just kidding!!

Tomorrow Derek and his father are hopefully going to finish putting up the storm door.  See, it is up, just isn't finished being installed.  I'm hoping that by tomorrow afternoon, I'll be able to sit in my front room with the door open and have the screen door actually closed (cause it is somewhat open all the time now)... Won't that be nice??

Well, I know I've been promising pictures... And I do have some.  Yesterday we took some more while giving Zachary his first bath, so I'm going to have to get Derek to upload them on the computer for me... So, hopefully by tomorrow afternoon (another task!!) I'll be able to share those with you... If not, sometime soon, I swear!!

Going to go now... Little Man is making a stinky in his diaper... Eww...

::Smiles::

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your little updates..LOL...Your one journal I NEVER miss!! :)

I am SO happy to hear you are able to be getting some sleep with hubby being a night owl..How wonderful...And we used to call Ty Bubby and Bubbas too..LOL..Until we started having to say NO behind it..HA..then his name came into play..I swear I think he thought his name WAS Bubby for a while though...
Don't we wish 3 year olds were capable of babysitting?.HA..

Leslie asked me when I was having ANOTHER kid after this little man..I told her when she was old enough to babysiT! ROFL

Anonymous said...

Awwwww congrats on the birth of your lil boy.  Zachary is adorable, welcome to the world, little one!  Glad to hear you are getting sleep, that won't last...lol...

Anonymous said...

You sound so happy!!!  I really love the newborn cry!  I know I am weird, but that cry is the BEST!  Wish I lived closer so I could hold that little guy!  And, your hubby is the greatest letting you get sleep!  What a man!!!  I'd keep him around if I were you.  ;)  
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how well all seems to be going for you.  You lucky, lucky girl.  LOL  The fact you're actually getting sleep is beyond amazing to me.  I truly didn't sleep much at all for the first 2 months with Autumn.  Parker was a little easier. Now, things are better.  Autumn is sleeping through the night...which is WONDERFUL.  

As for the breathing thing...I bet I know what you're talking about.  Both of my babies had a rather irregular, gaspy-type of breath for awhile after they were born.  I think it must just be their lungs adjusting to life outside the womb.  Lord knows it's scary though.  It always made me nervous.  Being a nurse, I always worry about SIDS.  I still have a monitor in Parker's room so I can hear him breathe, and he's nearly 3 years old.  LOL  Can we say, 'paranoid worrywart?'  

I can't wait to see the new pictures of Zachary!

Love,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he is a good baby..who does he look like you or his dad?
You do so much to just have had a baby..gosh i didn't barely do anything after having my son.  But I am so glad things are going so good for your family.
I love your journal..

Anonymous said...

Rowan sounds just precious! What a great big sister she is!
My 2nd born seemed to get that sleeping thing down pretty quick too. Of course I obsessed that something HAS to be wrong since it took her big sis a few weeks to get that right for her sleep deprived mom. LOL
I love looking at new homes too. Hey, when you are ready to buy I know a great agent.  <vbg>
take care,
Laura

Anonymous said...

so glad that everything is going so well with the new little guy...your hubby sounds like an amazing man you as much as he does...and whatever u do....DONT get into the hottub until the doctor gives u the ok...i know from experience...no mater how clean u keep them they are still full of germs and it could cause u some major problems...it happened to my husband with ours...and we had just emptied ours that day and refilled it and all new chemicals and everything...so please...dont get in until your incision is fully healed...ok, enough nagging! im sounding like a mom LOL hope u have a wonderful sunday enjoying your family and the spring weather...

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see the new pics!
I bet you will enjoy your storm door. I am also happy that you are getting some rest and things are going smoothly for you!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Awww Pickle~

I just love coming here. and i'm sooo glad things are going well. boys sleep sunshine -at least mine did- hmmm..i think it was like 3 months before they really started to stay awake for long periods of time, whew. they, all 3, took two naps a day until they were five -but still then, they went to bed fairly early. i was very lucky. they made up for it by never sitting still when they were awake though lol!

my mom's nick name for brando was bubba, too cute!

Much Love and Many Blessings to the entire Pickle Jar,

((((Hugs & Kisses)))) @~barbie>~~

Anonymous said...

When my son was born, my Mother was concerned about his breathing.  He kind of sounded short of breath, and it passed in about 2 weeks.  Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad all is going well....I myself cannot wait till spring gets here...can't get here soon enough...i am ready to go camping, boating, swimming, fishing....can't ya just tell i love summertime...hehe  Can't wait to see more pics....have a great day!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the little one will be just fine.. but I know its normal to worry.. if I were in your shoes I'd probably be a panicky mess myself.. :) Anyway, I just caught up on entries you wrote and wanted to let you know of my newer journaland screename.. my old name was healthyatheart but now I use domesticatedchic much more andmy newer journal unlike my old one is public .. so feel free to stop by anytime.. I still post in my old one justnot as often..
Take care and congradulations.. am very happyfor you on the new arrival! :) Miss M*

http://journals.aol.com/domesticatedchic/SomethingLikeLifePartDeux/

Anonymous said...

Little Man is claiming his space, LOL. Keeping you busy, but as you say, it all means he is doing well. I know it's hard to take the doc's advice at face value, but hang in there!

Looking forward to some happy pictures!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Zachary is eating better and that Rowan is doing well with being the big sister!  It's your job to worry, you're a mother...lol

Ohhhh...the thought of enjoying a spa right now is sooo nice.  Just keep giving me these visuals...lol

Can't wait to see pictures!

Luv~Heather