Wednesday, March 2, 2005

~Checking In and Catching Up~

Just wanted to check in... I also wanted to let you know that I'm slowly... And I mean slowly... catching up on everyones journals and doing some back reading when I get the chance...

Everything here is going pretty well.  The weather is sooo nice... It should hit about 67 degrees today.  I'm thinking that a walk to the park for all four of us is the plans for today.  Miss Rowan has been dying to ride her bike to the park (a few blocks away) and I'm dying for some fresh air!!

We did go out yesterday for a bit.  We made our way to Costco and Target.  Costco truly disappointed me though... My main reason for going there was to get diapers in bulk... But of course, they didn't have the right size or brand in a size 1!  They had Huggies in a box, with both size 1 and 2's... But our Little Man is still so tiny, that buying that would have been dumb.

So, we left Costco without getting the diapers and with other stuff that we didn't really need... Of course... And then were off to Target where I ended up getting two large packs of diapers for $17 each.  Oh well... They'll last a while and are a brand that I prefer... SOOOO...

Anyways.  That was our first family of four outting and it went well.  Zachary stayed asleep the whole time and Rowan was a perfect little angel.  It didn't help that she was being spoiled the whole time we were out too... lol.

Last night was kinda rough.  The Little Man was kinda cranky and up and down a bunch of times last night.  I think he was gassy... But I'm not sure.  I guess I need to pay attention to what I'm eating more, because it could be my own fault that we were up plenty of times last night.

I gotta lay off the chocolate... I'm pretty sure of that... lol.  If not for Zachary, at least for my hips... Hehe.

I'm feeling a lot better though.  I did get a little worn out yesterday from all the walking we did at both stores, but it actually felt pretty good to do it.  I'm going back to the doctor on the 8th, so I'm hoping he clears me in good health and I can start to do some walking and dieting... Gotta get rid of that Baby Fat, ya know!

::A spoon full of Sugar, helps the medicine go down... Go down...::

A little of Mary Poppins for your entertainment pleasure... If I have to suffer, so do you all :)  Lol.  I swear, I find myself singing the songs in my sleep!!  Argh.  And of course Miss Rowan knows all of the songs... hehe...

My home computer is still pretty much trashed... So I can't get to my graphics and putting pictures on my entries via Photobucket is a tough thing to do on this laptop... So, when I do post some new pictures of Zachary, they'll be through AOL Pictures.  Oh yes... I do have some new ones... I just have to wait for Derek to upload them on his laptop.  I'm not going to do that.  My luck I'd crash his computer and he uses it for work... So, that wouldn't be the greatest thing!!

Well, I've got some laundry to fold and a three year old to go color with while Little Man is taking a nappy-nap.  I hope everyone has a great day and I'm trying to catch up... If you haven't seen me comment yet... Expect to see me soon!!

::Hugs and Bright Smiles::

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that you are doing so well.
I cant wait to see the pictures of Zachary!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

ONE measily week and you're already worried about taking that weight off!?!?..Girl, just the breastfeeding is burning a TON of calories...so don't worry! DOn't be pushing yourself too much..You DID just have a major surgery!! ;) I am glad you are able to go out and do things already though..Getting out of the house definitely makes you feel better!!

Anonymous said...

I found your journal right around the time little man was born. Congrats!
It sounds like you are settling in just ine with two kids. be careful with the outings. I live in the same neck of the woods as you and there is some NASTY bugs going around. My son has pneumonia right now and we learned from his pedi that there are no available pedi beds in the area because this bug is so bad....scary when you have a medically fragile kid who is very sick. Where I work, in the NICU we have had a few newborn readmits due to respiratory illnesses they have picked up from the masses. Wear him in a baby sling when you go out to Target and such.
Enjoy your walk! The sunshine looks so inviting today.
Laura

Anonymous said...

So glad u are home again.. we missed you.  son't over do..let hubby help you..
you just had a baby! Miss Rowan can be a big help too.
Take care..

Anonymous said...

Glad you're doing good! Can't wait to see new pics of the little man! Try not to over do it~ Hubbys and Big sisters work wonders!

~Jenn

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is goin well...can't wait to see more pics of the lil' fella...hehe =)
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is going according to plan over that way!!  Did you ever use those gas drops with Rowan?  I never did with my two older children, but man, let me tell you, they were a Godsend with Emma!!  They really, really, really help!  I forget the name, Mylicon or something like that?  It's been a long time, so forgive me.  I can't wait to see new pics of your little man!!!!  I just want to hold him!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on your Journal. Congratulations, you guys. I'm so happy everything went well, and I hope you're adjusting nicely to being a family of four now!

Best of Luck!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is going good.  I have to say...I don't miss the up all night marathon's and the buying diapers....lol  Maybe I should start watching a newborn so I can have my baby fix...lol  

Send me some of that warm weather, would ya?!?!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing really well.  I didn't do nearly so well after my second baby.  On day 3, post-Cesarean, I was cramping so badly, I thought I was going TO DIE!  It felt like I was in labor all over again.  Did you have that problem?  

As for diapers, I've never been able to buy them at Costco either.  They never have the brand and size I'm looking for.  I've always preferred Pamper brand.  Right now, Parker wears Pampers Custom Cruisers, Size 6, and Autumn wears Pampers, size 1.  Which brand do you prefer?  It's a big debate in our home.  LOL  

Can't wait to see new pictures of the Little Man!  Take care!

Love,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so cute you call Zach Little Man!! That is what my mother called my Nicholas and she still does but now he is ten years old!  How sweet is that!!??  We are having sunshine weather here in FL with cold spells.  No walks though lately as I have just felt plain old overwhelmed with work and cleaning and folding...  hopefully I can get back on track soon.  Sometimes I think I would just work all day around the clock if my body would let me.  I need to slow down sometimes and speed up other times...LOL!  Diapers- oh boy- yes do I ever remember those days.  It hasn't been that long and Courtney Nicole Doodlebug, my last baby, well, she decided to take her good old time about being potty trained.  Aaron and Courtney were in diapers at the SAME time for about a two and a half years and I thought we'd go broke for sure!  We should have had stock in diaper companies.  I got VERY burned out changing two babies all the time too.  It was a lot like having twins but they were about a year apart.  Most of that time is a bit of a blur to me now.  I can hardly believe Courtney goes to kindergarten this fall.  She goes with me to work now and gosh it is so nice to have her there with me.  I'm going to cry when my last baby starts big school.  
Hugs,
Lisa      

Anonymous said...

You seem to be bouncing RIGHT back!!  Great for you hon!!