Monday, February 28, 2005

~The Winner Is...~

Okay, so I forgot to add something to my last entry...

Thank you Cat -Saving Sanity- for reminding me...

A while back, I had asked everyone to make a guess about what they thought Mr. Zachary would weigh and how long he would be...

Well, I went back to the entry (titled Stats) to check and there were some really close guesses...

The person that came closest though, was Ms. Jackie of Small Town Life... She guessed that Zachary would weigh 7lbs 10oz and would be 19 1/2 inches long.

Well, she was only 4oz off of his weight and exactly on for his length... So, Woo Hoo to Jackie!

::you can check both of these lovely journals out by clicking on their name in my Favorite Journal section::

Today has been a pretty good day.

Zachary's doctor appointment went well.  He is gaining back his weight that he lost in the hospital very quickly... He went home on Friday weighing around 7lbs and 5oz and is already up to 7lbs and 12oz!!  The doctor said he is doing great and that he has some really big hands and feet :)  Plus, that he was a cutie!!  LOL.

He did get circumsised though... Poor boy.  The doctor said he did really well during the procedure.  I'm just glad they don't make you go with them when they do it.  When the doctor brought Zach back out to us, he was looking pretty good and not crying.  I could tell he had gotten upset... Due to the new scratch marks on his face... But once I got him back to the room and started to feed him, he just started bawling.  We haven't heard him cry sooo much since the day he was born!  I swear, all he has been doing today is sleeping, eating and crying... But who can blame the poor boy??

Oh well.  He'll be fine in a few days...

Zach and I did take a nap on the couch this afternoon while Derek (yes, I'll be refering to him by his name from now on... Previously known as Hubby) and Rowan went off to Lowe's to purchase a Storm/Screen Door.  It was nice to just lay there with him and not be bothered...

Derek and his father have been trying to install the door since 3pm today... It is now 6pm!!  Oh well... I swear, he is a great cook... But just not the handiest man around.  Lol.

Well, I've gotta run.  I've got some dinner to heat up and a baby to feed.  I hope everyone enjoyed the pictures of Mr. Zachary.  I swear, I'll be posting more as soon as I can!!

Many Hugs and Love to you all...

Jennifer :O)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to assist~after all, your hands are quite full  :)

Poor Zach~ouch!  I'd imagine every time he pees it probably stings, even with the coated gauze....  just ouch!

Glad he is doing well, though.... take your time on catching us up... we're not going anywhere....

Cat

Anonymous said...

Happy to assist~after all, your hands are quite full  :)

Poor Zach~ouch!  I'd imagine every time he pees it probably stings, even with the coated gauze....  just ouch!

Glad he is doing well, though.... take your time on catching us up... we're not going anywhere....

Cat

Anonymous said...

SOoo glad to hear that Zachary is doing well and thriving!  

Those storm doors are a pain in the butt to put in.  We bought a decorative one from Lowe's and I HATED helping hubby put that thing up...UGH

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

God Bless.

I Love you!!

OXOXOXO

Barbie~

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

        Thanks for the pics of Zachary... hes so tiny .. glad to hear ur doing well and that things went well... Congrats and cant wait to talk to you when u have the time...

catie

P.S. When can i come babysit lol...lol...

Anonymous said...

I hear ya' on the handy man issue!  I have a screen door that doesn't have a screen on the bottom and hasn't for over 6 months now because hubby said "we don't need a new screen door, I can just get a new screen and pop it in there!".  Sure ya' can honey!  LOL!  I am glad you got some alone time with Zach today!  I am sure it is traumatic for them to go through the circumcision but think about it this way, better to get it done now rather than when he is an adult male!  OWWWWWW!  Hope you are getting rest sweety!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I was close with my first guess, but not as close as her!

Anonymous said...

So nice to have you home Jennifer and posting entries all ready.  I haven't been by because I didn't expect you to be back on line yet but then I remembered we did get released so quickly and once all the relatives and friends stop coming it is really nice.  So glad you had time with just you and the baby today.  I love the name Zachary!!
Lisa  

Anonymous said...

You know..when I was guessing that day, I REALLY felt like I was gonna win!! HAHA..Maybe it's the pregnancy thing..gives me a little ESP or something?!?!..HAHA

Awww...enjoying the baby time is SOOOO good for the bonding!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations.Lots of wishes for good health,happiness and prosperity for the baby

Anonymous said...

whooty hooty! Yay for Jackie!!
Poor Zachary, I hope that he has a better day today!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!  You have a wonderful baby boy added to your family.  Good Luck and have fun with your family!  My wedding went wonderful and I am now a married lady.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Oy! I'm so behind on reading journals!  Congratulations on Mr. Zachary!  Glad to hear everything is going well!  ~liz

Anonymous said...

THis is kinda funny...My name is Jennell But I go by Jenn..and my husband's name is Derek..LOL

Poor baby! Glad he's doing well!

Anonymous said...

poor zach, hope he feels better!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl