Thursday, February 10, 2005

~Feeling Better and Proud~

                   ValentineDoggieheartprints.jpg

I'm feeling so much better today.  I still feel a little sickie... Mostly a stuffy nose, but my ear is no longer hurting me and my throat feels 100% better!  Thank goodness for cold meds, prenatal vitamins and Orange Juice...

Last night, we also had some spicy double wrapped chicken burritos, which really opened up my sinus'... So, I think having that for dinner even seemed to help!  Woo Hoo.

Okay, so it is almost 1pm here in California and I'm still in my night gown.  LOL.  I slept like ca-ca again last night... Up and down pretty much all night.  I guess I should start to get used to it.  But it really doesn't make any sense unless there is a baby to be feeding... lol.  So, we were up late this morning, around 930am. 

But just because I was up late, doesn't mean I haven't accomplished anything today!  Yep, you heard me right... I did something that I've been wanting to do and I'm so proud that I finally got it done!

I got every bit of clothing for Zachary into his room today and put away.  The room itself isn't really ready for him... Needs a paint job, carpets cleaned and then actually have the crib put together... But I have all his clothes either in the drawers or hung up.  I have all the burping clothes and towels put away in the cabinet in there.  I even have all the blankets folded in drawers, waiting to be used. 

The bassinet is finally out of my front room and in my room, next to the bed.  I'm thinking I might have to 'change bedsides' with the Hubby because I'm right next to the wall and there isn't much room for it there... But we'll see how it goes.  I've still got a few more days to get everything in order.  I'm even going to try to get my hospital bag ready today... You never know what could happen and it is always best to be prepared! 

I just have to make my way over to Babycenter.com and get a refresher course on what I need to pack... lol.  I have Zach's picture/take home outfit and blanket already picked out... And my nightgowns... But that is about it!  So, I just need to remember what I brought last time, and with the help of Babycenter.com, I'll be able to pack a bag.

Tonight I'm going over to my SIL's house for a small Home Interiors Party.  I'm not sure what I'll purchase, but I'll end up getting something I'm sure.  They have a bunch of cute new kid stuff, so I might find something for the kiddo's room... They have some butterfly/dragonfly themed stuffed that would match her room pretty well... So, I'll check that out.  Plus, you can't pass up their candles and such...

Even though my brother's girlfriend is having a PartyLite party this weekend and I'm planning on placing an order with her for some too ;)  Hehe... Can't have too many candles, now can you?

And tomorrow... Oh, I can't wait for tomorrow... Because I'm finally getting my hair done!!  Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Its been a while and I really need a highlight job bad... I'm thinking more blonde because its going to be spring pretty soon- and for the fact that the hubby loves the blonde.  But I'm not going to cut it though.  Just a trim.  I want long hair once again... But we'll see how well the growing out process goes with me.  Luckily, having long hair is pretty easy to just put up... haha.  I'm so simple!

Well, I must be off.  Time to get the Princess down for a nappy-nap and then it will be time for me to get cleaned up.  I realized that I had to actually do my hair and get dressed for this evening... What? Lounge pants or a nightgown won't fly at a Home Interiors party??  lol.

Have a great Thursday everyone...

::11 days!!::

*tag lounge tag*

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are feeling better today. I can't wait to hear what you buy at the H.I. party!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you get to go to a Home Interiors party AND a Party Lite party!!  I love ordering stuff!!! SHOPPING yay!!!  Great excuses to spend money!!  

Way to go on getting all the baby's things set up!!  I just know you are having fun with all the excitement and preparations but hope you feel better soon.  We have the sinus thing going too over here and sore throats and stuffy heads and difficult breathing.  (I'm taking Geritol plus Iron and drinking juice AND taking nyquil... my best friend for sleeping these past few days!  And sinus meds during the day!  I feel a bit zombified.)    
~Lisa~

Anonymous said...

I have a bunch of those big clips that you twist your hair and clip it up..LOL..Makes me look fancy without even fixing my hair!! YEAH!! haha...I have a color for everything I wear..LOL..And with a small child, it's not good to have your hair down..It'll all be pulled out in no time!! (((HUGS))) Enjoy the hair-do tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{}}}}}}}

@~barbie>~~~

Anonymous said...

As far as Wacky Zachy's room, get the paint job and the carpet cleaning done before he comes, all the rest can pretty much wait until after he is born.  He will be taking long naps anyway, so you can put all his clothes away then.  But, the other stuff, you don't want those smells in the house when he is born.  Woo-hoo to you for growing your hair!  I love long hair, gee, can you tell I do?  :)  And, I cut it after each child was born for some reason (I call it the "have to cut the hair because I have a new baby hormones"), but haven't cut it now in years.  And, yes, long hair is MUCH, MUCH easier!  Pull it back in a bun or ponytail, and BAM it's done!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better!  I'm sure your dinner did clear you out...LOL

Good job for getting Zachary's stuff put away!!  I know you have been wanting to get that done.  Maybe you could even get the painting and the carpet done before he comes :)

Hope you have fun all the little get together's and I know you'll enjoy getting your hair done...who doesn't??

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful journal!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to your journal, you came highly recommended! Great stuff.

A few short days till the new Arrival, so I hope you get better really quick! I'm running late, so I'll sign off now, but I'll be back to get an eyeful of the rest of your journal.

Jimmy