Wednesday, February 2, 2005

~Wednesday~

tulips.jpg Lovely Flowers, eh?  I just fell in love with them when I saw that they were being passed around The Tag Lounge.  So, a special Thank You to The Tag Lounge for sharing...

So, today is Wednesday.  That means that I have only one more day of work and then I'm off for a while... A while meaning a whole 12 weeks!  Sounds like a pretty good vacation huh?  But you know, it won't be all fun and games.  Sleepless nights... Crying baby... Midnight feedings... And you know, I can't wait!!!  Seriously, only 19 more days and there will be a little one... Woo Hoo.  Time flies when you are having fun...

I had my doctors appt yesterday.  Everything is looking good.  I once again only gained about 1.5-2lbs in a two week period.  My blood pressure was 124/74, much better than it had been and my temp was pretty much normal.  The doctor said that the baby sounded great and he is more than likely head down... Which doesn't really matter, because I'm having a repeat c-section, but he is down.  I go back again next Tuesday... Yep!  Weekly visits... Woo Hoo again.  And next week, I'll be able to turn in my disability papers (after paying the office $10 to fill it out!!!)... He also told me to pay attention to my body... Meaning I go actually go into labor at anytime.  Which is very scary.  I never actually went into labor with Rowan, I was put into labor.  Being induced wasn't the funnest thing... And I'm not sure if I'd know what the early signs of labor are... oooh so nerve racking!

Anywho... All is looking well.  I'm just waiting now :)

Oh yes... I had a lovely baby shower here at the office yesterday!  What a suprise that was.  I wasn't expecting it at all.  Actually, I wish I would have known about it, because I would have made my apperance just a little bit better than jeans and a thermal... haha.  Oh well.  Thats what they get for suprising me, huh?

I got some really great stuff and enjoyed some really yummy food.  I got the bathtub that I wanted filled with a bunch of goodies from my SIL.  A few blankets, sleeper outfits and a few springy/summer clothes for 6-9months... perfect for how old he'll be in the summer/fall time!  My MIL got me the monitors that I wanted, a beautiful chenelle blanket I asked for and these gorgeous burping clothes, that you wouldn't want your baby spitting up on!  LOL.  I did get another set of monitors, but thats okay, because I'll just pass them on to my mom, who will be watching the Kiddos when I go back to work and she doesn't have any.  See, it can work out with doubles sometimes :)

Another girl from my office gave me her breast-pump.  It is one of the expensive kind and she told me just to have it... Keep it... She isn't having anymore babies!  OMG!!!  That really saved me about $200 right there too!  She even had a bunch of the attachments that were never used... So, I don't have to go buy anything for that.  Whew... Lucky me.  Hand-me-downs can sure be a life saver!

Last night was a really quiet night at my house.  We put Rowan down for a late nap around 445pm and I actually fell asleep with her... Again!  I guess my body is needing more sleep than I am actually getting.  The Hubby played some video games and then went out in the spa ::Jealous about that over Here::

While the Hubby was in the spa, I saw a commercial for IHOP's pocket pancakes.  ::Hmm, pancakes::  So, I decided to make some pancakes for Rowan and I!  I cut the receipe in half and made a few for each of us.  I decided to have mine with strawberry jelly... Yum Yum.  That sure took care of a craving... lol.  I did manage to watch "Gilmore Girls" and I tried to watch "One Tree Hill", but that really didn't happen...

The Hubby and Rowan decided that they weren't going to be very quiet while I tried to watch that... lol.  But who could get mad at them... Especially with what they were doing.  I swear, I haven't seen that little girl have so much fun in a long time.  Her Daddy thought it would be a good time to play around and tickle and 'torture' her... And who can get mad at a Daddy and Daughter playing together like that?  So, "One Tree Hill" was out for me last night... Oh well.  I got more enjoyment watching them play anyway.

Tonight will more than likely be another quiet night.  The Hubby won't be home until around 6pm because they have SWAT training and I think my friend might come over, but I'm not sure.  I do know that I have to make my way to the grocery store and pick something up for dinner.  I'm thinking Taco Salad??  Sounds good to me... Don't know if it will fly with the Hubby, who is more a meat and potato kind of guy... But oh well.  I'm cooking tonight... He isn't.  Hehe.

Well, I must run.  I have some stuff to get done that isn't getting done with me doing this... hehe...

Have a great Wednesday...

::HUGS::

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should we start putting in guesses on babys stats?  I'm pretty good at this but I have never seen you in person, so I am going with 7lbs 9 oz 22 inches long....and healthy!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh you missed a good one tree hill...lol...but it usually is more fun to watch the kiddos playing with daddy..lol...I enjoy that but then again when it is time to watch "my shows" I go to my bedroom...lol...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your appointment went really well, and it's so great that you got some good stuff at your shower!
Hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your appointment went well.  I was induced with Casey too, but I think if you were to go into labor on your own, you would know it.   Don't stress too much about it.

Sounds like you had a great baby shower too!  That's so awesome that someone have you a breast pump!!

Luv~Heather