Thursday, February 3, 2005

~Last Day and The Couch, My New Best Friend~

                          moonbaby.jpg

Well, today is the day.  Today is my last day in the office at the Pickle Plant for a few good weeks!  I'm really getting excited about not having to get up at 545 in the morning and driving a good 50 mins to and from work... It will be a nice change to not have to worry about filling up on gas twice a week at $24 a pop and worring about the fog and rain...  Even Miss Rowan gets a break from waking up at 630 every morning to go to her YaYa's.

Now, she'll be able to stay home with Mommy almost every day... Something she hasn't done since she was about 4 months old.  Yep, it will definetly be a nice change...

With only 18 more days until Zachary comes... Gotta spend the most time as possible with my special girl...

So, yesterday, after I got home from the grocery store and cleaned up the house a bit, Miss Rowan and I layed on the couch and actually feel asleep!  I couldn't believe it... I was once again taking a nap after 4pm!!  Man... I guess my body is trying to tell me that I need some extra sleep, because I was asleep by 1045pm last night!

But, once again, the couch came to my rescue at 130 this morning.  I had gotten up to use the restroom (for the 2nd time!!) and was hotter than you know what... Well, by the time I came back to bed, the Hubby had practically overtaken it and then Miss Rowan was all sprawled out, so, I said, "screw it" and went to the couch!  I swear, the couch has become my new best friend.  I can get better sleep out there than in my own darn bed!  I guess with just it being me and the extra padding in the couch, I can get more comfortable... Plus, it is a whole lot cooler... lol.

When the Hubby got up this morning, he wondered why the bedroom door was open... I told him because I had gotten up and went to the couch.  Then he pulls, "Hmm, maybe that is why I slept so well last night!"... haha.  I guess me sleeping on the couch isn't such a bad thing for us both!

My friend Amy, or Auntie Amy as Rowan calls her, came over last night.  We had some yummy taco salad for dinner and then worked on some stuff for her schooling.  Unfortunetly, my computer wasn't acting right, so we weren't able to help her much... Bummer deal.  But it was nice to just have someone besides the Hubby and Rowan to talk to :)  I also made a delicious cake for dessert... heck, we had a pretty much healthy dinner, I could enjoy a yummy treat afterwards!!  Yellow cake with chocolate frosting and a cold glass of milk... Mmmm, I think I'll be going home and having some this afternoon.

Amy also brought Rowan and Zachary their valentine's gifts... Miss Rowan got a cute little cuddle-bug necklace and she just loves it!  And Mr. Zachary is such a spoiled little boy, and he isn't even here yet!  Auntie Amy brought him the cutest little pair of shoes... Brown little boot-types... I just couldn't get over them!  They are a size 2, so it will be a while before he can wear them, but she couldn't pass up on them and I'm glad she didn't... Awww, so sweet!!

I think this afternoon we are going to hang out at my parent's for a while after I get off of work.  Rowan and I haven't seen my Dad/her Grandpapa in a few days, so it will be nice to visit with him.  But, I'll have to be home in time to do some cleaning around the house and then to make sure I catch "The O.C.".  Hehe... Tonight will be really good, because Marissa and Alex (both females) are going to start their relationship and I can't wait to see Ryan stand up to Caleb... Okay, Okay... I'll stop talking about the Prime-Time Soap ;)  Hehe.

Well, I'm going to go... Gotta do a stack of payables and then take all my tags from The Tag Lounge and put them to disk to take them home!  I should be out of here by 2pm... Woo Hoo!!! 

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday...

::Hugs::

*tag from Tag Lounge*

 

 

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((WOOHOO)))))

...That came quick, didn't it Pickle? Humm...What am I gunna call ya now? lol..

How about Pickle-in-waiting? eek! I think not! PICKLE it is! Long may your garden grow. Get it? hehehe. You and Rown are sweet gerkins and your hubby is the dill. Zachary will be pickle chip. lol! I love sweet and spicy; Perfect family!

God Speed to the OC :o weeee...........

@~barbie~


Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Last day of work for awhile. I bet your sooooo excited ;-)
Sorry i haven't been by much lately, i've had a soap opera of mine own going on over here the past couple of weeks :(  but things are starting to get back to normal now.
Glad to hear you all are doing good. Enjoy your time off chic!
Hugs & Blessings!
~Angel

Anonymous said...

Whooty Hooty!
I hope that you enjoy your time off before Baby boy gets here!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your last day of work!!!!  I think it's great that you are taking the next 2 weeks off to spend with your little girl!  You are doing the right thing that's for sure!  If you ever need any graphics from Tag Lounge, just let me know, because I can send them your way no problem.  And, don't worry about the couch being your new best friend, it will be for the next 3 months anyway!  LOL!  I still envy you though, but I don't envy the sleepless nights that are coming.
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

i am happy for u...enjoy the time with miss rowan before the baby gets here...and get lots of rest also before he gets here also...so all i can say is...ENJOY!!

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

So glad that it is your last day of work!! I'm right along there with you sitting on the couch waiting for our cute little bebe boys to arrive. I know we'll be talking a lot in the next couple weeks as we await our c-section dates :) Have lots of fun with Rowan, as you have just girly time. Put in a Disney movie and make some poppycorn-and of course-sit on the couch.
Much Love,
Jolene

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your last day of work has come and gone already!!  It will be good for you to spend that extra time with ROwan though.  I can't wait to see pics of the baby!!!

The couch has become my friend lately too...I lay down in bed and cough my head off so I come to the couch...lol

Luv~Heather