Saturday, February 5, 2005

~Saturday and Cleaning Fun~

          anibutterflys.bmpanibutterflys.bmpanibutterflys.bmpanibutterflys.bmpanibutterflys.bmp

Okay! So I have actually accomplished some things today... I'm pretty proud to say... What a difference a day makes.  I was up today at 930am- I'm thinking Rowan is getting the hint we don't have to get up as early anymore- Woo Hoo!  After having some breakfast and watching "Medical Investigations" that I had DVR'd last night, I was off to get cleaned up!

Get this... I was out of my house at noon to go do some shopping at Target!  Oh wow... Remind me again why I went there at that time?  Let me just say, if I do decide to go to Target again on a Saturday, it will be earlier than noon.  That place was packed... People were everywhere shopping for everything... And it isn't like they were having a grand ol' sale or anything...

I picked up some stuff I needed and some other stuff that I wanted.  I can tell you one thing though, I wasn't expecting to spend so darn much!  When the girl gave me a total, I about went into labor.  Okay, maybe not, but I'm sure my jaw dropped!

Lets see... What didn't I get today at Target?  Haha.  Well, I promised Miss Rowan that I would pick her up "Mulan 2" and "Mary Poppins" because she has been such a good girl lately and she has been wanting both... Plus, I want to secretly spoil her now, while I get that chance... I also picked her up some new socks and undies.  We seem to have a "Sock Monster" here at our house and are always loosing matching pairs of her socks.  I don't know how many times she has left the house this week alone with mis-matched socks!  I know, I know... horrible ;)  I also picked her up a new nightgown that has three Disney Princess' on it... She loves those... She rather wear her PJ's than anything else, so why not make sure they are cute... haha.

I did pick myself up a new pair of PJ's, but I'm going to keep them for the stay at the hospital.  They are Strawberry Shortcake pj's... Pink and Red... Perfect colors for a hospital stay, if you get my drift... I also grabbed myself a pair of lounge pants and a tank so I have some other pants besides jeans to wear after I get home, so I don't look horrible when I have visitors.  Only so many people should see you in PJ's and people your husband works with aren't some of them... Haha.  They'll definetly come in handy.

I did pick up some stuff in the baby section too.  I found a really nice diaper bag, Eddie Bauer (woo hoo...) for $35 (hey it could have been more!)... And I also picked up some breast pads (I know, TMI) and a few containers of these bags you keep in your diaper bag to throw away the stinky diapers in... Another thing I picked up were thank you cards.

Get this, one of the things that I accomplised today that I'm really proud of were the thank you's for my baby shower gifts that I got from my co-workers the other day.  Woo Hoo on that one.  One less thing to worry about!  I also picked up an extra pack so that when I do get more gifts, I can just fill the card out and send it right back to the person, that way I get it done quickly and don't have to worry about it for too long!  So smart :D

I've also swept the living room and kitchen floors.  Cleaned the kitchen and dining room table.  I've already managed to do three loads of laundry and pretty much fold it all!  Putting it away is a different story... lol.  My next goal is to clean the guest/Rowan's bathroom and continue to do the laundry.  We've been pretty much out of laundry soap until today so you can imagine that I have a few piles built up... So, laundry is my main goal for this afternoon/evening.

I might move into my bedroom and try to clean that up... But because my husband wants to have some friends over tomorrow to watch the Super Bowl, I think I might want to focus my attention and energy (what is left of it) on the front part of the house... What they'll be seeing... And my bedroom isn't that.

Argh... And get this... If the Hubby decides that he wants to have some people over tomorrow, I'll be the one doing all the getting ready for them tomorrow.  See, he works tonight (430pm-230am) and then has to be up at 6am for dog training.  Dog training will last until about 130-200pm and then he'll be home after that.  So... Who will have to go to the store and pick up snacks?  Um, me.  Who will have to make sure that the house is visitor friendly?  Um, me again...

I only do it because I love him though... lol.

Well, I have seemed to ramble on enough for now... I have another load of laundry to start and then fold what is coming out of the dryer.  Whoopie.  Miss Rowan is also laying down for a nap, so I should try to get as much done as I can while she is sleeping.  Nothing like a three year old trying to help you sweep the floor or fold laundry... It can be fun, but takes a little bit longer than me just doing it myself :)  Gotta love that Princess though...

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday... Enjoy!

::Smiles::

*tag lounge butterflies*

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! WHAT A DAY!! Shew, sounds like you just had a big burst of the "preparing the nest"...HA...I know how good it feels to have all the needless shopping, thank you notes, AND the cleaning done...::::deep sigh::::...feels good huh?...Im not a PJ person..I honestly just got he jogging pants route, but your sound too cute!! ;)...That'll make the hospital stay a bit more comfortable..:)

Anonymous said...

You're moving right along.  I bet the jammies you bought are sooo cute.  I LOVE Target...lol  

HOpe you can get everything done before your hubbies company comes over!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like you are relaxing one bit being home!   Try and take it easy will ya'?!  I know what you mean about Target though!  No matter what day of the week, what time it is, or whatever, their lot is always packed so full that you have to park about 12 blocks away just to get a parking space!  I swear they bring cars in just to piss customers off!  I bought the "Mulan 2" video for Matthew too the other day and he loves it!  I promised I would watch it with him, but haven't had a chance yet.  We are heading to the movies today to avoid having to listen to Daddy watching football.  I just despise that game!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

You are one busy mama!
I am glad that you got the invitiations done though, that is one less thing to have to deal with.
hugs,
Kathi