Monday, February 14, 2005

~Happy Valentine's Day~

HappyValentinesDay.bmp

Well, Happy Valentine's Day to you all out there... May your day be filled with love.  Either by someone you are with, a family member or friend... Everyone deserves a bit o' love sometimes ;)

There isn't much going on with me today.  The Hubby has to work this evening, so of course there isn't some fancy dinner that we are going to or anything like that.  Besides the fact that we can go out to dinner any other time of the year and not have to pay the very expensive prices you do tonight... lol.

I did happen to be up at 330am this morning getting something to drink when he came home from work.  He brought in with him my Valentine's gift.  I guess he had been keeping it at work so I wouldn't catch a glimpse of it... Silly boy, only he snoops :)  Well, let me tell you, he sure suprised me this year.

He purchased me this beautiful jewelry box from "Things Remembered".  He said I needed something nice to keep all my 'pretties' in.  LOL.  What a sweet heart.  Plus, he told me that one day, his goal is to fill it up with diamonds.  haha.  Now that is a goal I really don't mind.  He had the plate on top personalized also, with:
                                              Jennifer
                                     Happy Valentine's Day
                                              2-14-05

What a sweet heart!  He actually thought I was expecting some jewelry... Which I wouldn't have minded, but I never expect that.  So, to get a pretty jewelry box is a great suprise.

Now, remember, Rowan and I had built him a Build-A-Bear for Valentine's.  Well, when I found out (not purposely) how much he had spent on me, by looking at our bank statement online, I kinda got upset and I tried to figure out something else to get him besides that.

So, I actually came up with the idea of taking him on a shopping spree.  Now this might sound weird to some of you, but my husband loves to shop and buy clothes.  Before we got together, he didn't bat an eye at spending $25 on two pairs of underwear or $85 on a pair of jeans at a place called Structure (now Express for Men).  Now all he really gets is Gap and Old Navy clothes... So, I decided to treat him to a nice new outfit or two.  He works his butt of soooo much that I think he deserves some nicer looking clothes... Not like there is anything wrong with Gap or Old Navy, believe me... I find them to be just fine and so does he... But sometimes, you just gotta have some nice nice stuff :D

So, tomorrow after my pre-op appointment at the doctors office and after he is done with dog training, just he and I are going to go to lunch and then do some shopping.  My mom is being kind enough to watch Princess Ro for a while so we can do it alone... I don't know how long Rowan would last while her Daddy shops, so it is probably better that she doesn't come.  Heck, I don't know how long I'll be able to last... lol.

Last Monday I was so off on my days that I forgot that Rowan had gymnastics.  Well, I'm determined not to forget tonight.  I have to make sure that I'm out of this house by 525pm to get her little hiny there on time!  She doesn't deserve to miss class again cause of my blondeness... lol.  Plus, we have this Monday and next and then I probably won't be attending her class for a few weeks.  She'll be taken either by my Mom or the Hubby... because I'm sure I won't be up to going and sitting for 50mins right after having Zach.

Oh yes, speaking of that... There is 7 days left for us here as a family of 3!  I truly can't believe that... In another week, I'll be laid up in the hospital having a baby!  Oh goodness, here goes the panic attack :)  LOL.  I just hope I make it to my scheduled date...

I've been feeling pretty achy and painy... Feeling huge and uncomfortable... With contractions here and there.  I just hope that I can hold out and not go into labor on my own.  Cause that will be one scary deal!  I rather just go in to the hospital on the 22nd at 1045am and have them take me off to a room, hook me up to monitors, prep me for surgery, stick a needle in my back to numb me and then take me off to the OR to have the baby!  I don't wanna deal with contractions and wondering if I'm in labor or not... lol.  I know, what a pain I am...

But the countdown is getting really close.  And with the Hubby having only 3 days of work left, it is feeling a whole lot more real!  Oh I can't wait!

Well, I've truly rambled on enough now.  I hope that the Alerts are back up and running sometime soon.  I've been going and checking everyones and checking for comments too... Cause I ain't getting those either!  So, if I've missed your journal, just yell... But not too loudly :D

Have a great Monday... And once again, Happy Valentine's Day!!

::Hugs and Kisses::


 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same to you sweetie pie!  Does the baby like chocolate? *giggles*

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day hon!! ONE WEEK?  COOOOL!!  I can not wait to see that baby!  You will be having a baby, and I will be in Vegas!  LOL HUGS XO

Anonymous said...

You're the LUCKIEST WOMAN in the world huh? *wink*

Kuddos to Hubby. That has to be the most thoughtful Valentine's gift I have ever seen! weee....

The Box is very beautiful and special to cherish Forever...

I love you Pickle Poo. ((((Happy Day))))

8>~barbie>~~~

Anonymous said...

We used the same graphic...lolol  

Awhhhh how sweet of hubby to get you a nice jewelry box..hope you enjoy your shopping spree tomorrow!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours...

Love,
Danielle

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day!!  :-)

~JerseyGirl

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day!!!!...How awesome is that to have a hubby that likes to shop....wish mine did...lol....that would be a dream... =)   ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you to and what lovely gifts you both bought eachother!!  I am so excited about your baby Zach coming.  I think about it all the time that maybe the next time I check in your baby will be here!!  If I don't talk to you before you go in for delivery I'll be praying for you and hope that you have a speedy recovery and a wonderful experience with your family!!  Hugs,
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day Jen! Hubby did good! The Jewelry box is gorgeous! Can't wait for Zach's arrival ;-)  I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Sending good baby (((vibes))) sounds as if he may be getting restless :::giggle:::
Love & Hugs,
~ANgel

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow...A jewelry box AND he personalized it?!?!?! Now that took some thought..Those are the best gifts!! How great!!

And wow...7 days...I KNOW the time is flying by for me!! I remember when you had 3 more months! Have I been reading you that long already?!!..LOL

I honestly don't even know what a normal contraction is..LOL..With all three pregnancies I have yet to have a contraction other than the ones the pitosin drip gave me with my first, Leslie..And those were BACK labor..UGH! LOL I hope you last the 7 more days..They will be filled with lots of love and preparation for the new addition!! OOOOOH, I'm, so excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet hubby you have!
And listen, if you are afraid you aren't
going to make it til your due date,
you better start taking it easy girl!

Good luck to you!
Happy Valentines Day!
Connie

journals.aol.com/indigosunmoon/ThoughtSalad

Anonymous said...

You mean you don't want to go through labor?  The contractions coming, the pain that is associated with them, the frequent "checks" to see if you are dialating, the irritating nurse telling you to breathe through the contractions?  Why not!?  LOL!  I always said that I would rather get a c-section than go through actual labor, but I never did have one.  My babies wanted to come out the aunaturel way I guess.  My big Polish hips are good for something at least!  I used to shop for Todd at Structure!!  I didn't know it was now Express for Men.  DUH on my part!  Hee-hee!  My hubby lives in Old Navy and Bob's clothes.  And, my hubby loves to shop too.  Cool isn't it?!  Hope you had a good time and hope the doc appointment goes well!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope that ya'll had fun shopping and having lunch together. Rowan is really lucky to have great grandparents to watch her for you to have some alone time with your hubby!
I love the jewlry box..its soo pretty!
hugs,
Kathi