Monday, February 7, 2005

~My First Official Day Off~

          Kittiessleepinginheart.bmp

Well, today is my first official day off of work... Let me tell you, it felt great last night knowing that I didn't have to get up at 545am to get ready for work.  My sleep has been so broken lately- with getting up to use the potty every few hours and getting cramps in my hips- I was pretty happy to sleep in until about 9am this morning!  Woo Hoo for me!

It was nice to get up this morning and not have to rush around and try to get myself and Rowan ready to leave the house.  Instead, I got up, checked my emails and just relaxed for a little while.  Then it was off to the showers to get cleaned up because the Hubby was taking his girls out to a late breakfast at IHOP.  Yum Yum.  The breakfast sampler definetly hit the spot and I don't think I'll be eating again until later this evening!  LOL.

Now I'm getting ready to go do some stuff in Zachary's room.  I really need to put away all the clothes that I've received and basically put everything else away too!  The room isn't exactly done being cleaned out and what not, but I'm tired of having baby clothes sitting in the bassinet in the front room!  Haha.  So, that is one of my projects for today...

The second is just to basically keep cleaning the house.  We want our house to be spotless and dustless (yeah right!) by the time that Zachary arrives home.  So, that means I have 14 days (until the 22nd!!) until I head off to the hospital to have this baby to get my house in spit-spot condition!  Oh my Oh my... the challenges in that one :)

Having a three year old always means you are cleaning up something too... lol.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment at 11:15am.  My mom and Rowan will be going with me, even though the Hubby is off.  After the appt, we are going to go to the mall and pick something up for a Valentine's gift... Plus, my mom has to do some returning of a few things... So, we'll make it a girls day out!  We'll have a girls day out while the Hubby is home cleaning!!  Woo Hoo... Sounds good to me!

The next few days are probably going to be pretty much a bore.  Cleaning and cleaning.  Woo Hoo.  Luckily, my SIL is having a Home Interiors Party on Thursday night... Maybe I'll find some cute stuff to have in my house.  That or just get some candles that smell yummy.  Then on Friday I'm getting my hair done!!!  Oh My, I can't wait... The last time I got it done was Dec 17th!!  I desperately need a trim and to have my highlights re-done.  My outgrowth is seriously like 3 inches!!  I can't believe how much my hair (and my nails!) have been growing in the last few months... Those Prenatal Vitamins really do help!

Well, I'm off to try to get Miss Rowan down for a nap... She hasn't been on her schedule too much lately, so I need to work on that... I hope you all have a great Monday...

::Hugs::

*Tag Lounge Tag*

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..two weeks until your little guy will be here. I know you all are so excited!

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

I hope that ya'll had a good day!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Have a good girls day out... =)   ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

If I may make a suggestion...LOL...I would say that YOu do all the little things, like the laundry, Rown mess upkeep and cleaning the bathroom...You know, the day to day stuff..BUT, the last week before Zachary gets there..I would tell hubby to have your delivery present (LOL) be to get a cleaning service come and do all the big stuff. If you clean now, it's just going to be dirty again in 14 days (don't you HATE dust...?..LOL) PLUS, it'll help ease your mind of all the things you need to get done. THEY can do the BIG things..Like washing walls and such..Just a suggestion....2 more week!!! WOW, it's flying by, and Im so happy you are off work. I know how great it is not to have to wrry about clocking in..LOL (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect start to your "vacation"!  Isn't it great not having to actually go anywhere and rush around on a Monday?  I feel like that when we are on a school vacation!  And what's this about you wanting a spotless house?!?!  Ha-ha-ha!  You are too funny!  Don't you know, that it will almost be impossible to keep it spotless once you have TWO children to care for?!  You won't even mind the dust bunnies then, actually you might make friends with them as I have!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

UGH....cleaning...gotta love it...lol

Home Interiors has some really cute stuff in their kid catalog!!  I LOVE that stuff.  

Hope you have a good time with your Mom today and can't wait to hear about the DR's appointment!!

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

Yay! Some rest before the big day....enjoy!  cleaning is always fun (ya right), but it must be so nice to be home and not have to worry about working for now!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl