Wednesday, November 15, 2006

~Frustrated~

I'm so completely frustrated right now.

Ever since Rowan got sick last Thursday- throwing up in the parking lot at Target and then the potty thing all day- she has been complaining about her stomach hurting her.

It might be once a day... it might be 10 times in a day.

I seriously don't know if it could be a virus... or something to do with her anxiety from school, life or what ever.

I feel so bad for her...

Yet, I don't know if her stomach is really hurting her... or if its all in her head.

She claims that her stomach has a "birus" (virus) that is "pinching" it. 

Tonight, when we met Derek for dinner... she didn't eat any of her food (probably from eating at earlier)... but she told me she felt like throwing up. 

She was so tired (no nap today) that she literally layed her head down on the table and started to fall asleep.

I got her home...

Gave her some pepto and took her temp.

Its below normal.

 

I think we'll (my mom actually) will be taking her and Zman (for his cold) to the doctors tomorrow to rule anything out...

I just wish I knew what we really going on, you know?

Guess that is why I'm so frustrated...

:(

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you figure out what's going on w/ Rowan.  I can understand your worries and frustrations!

Anonymous said...

I think the tummy thing is going around, or at least that is what the lady said at my daughters school.  She's been having tummy problems the last couple days, either she's on the potty of has her head in the toilet.  I hope she starts feeling better!!!

~Jenn~

http://journals.aol.com/icewitch96/JennsWorld

Anonymous said...

yes, it would be a good idea for the dr to have a look see.
I hope she will be ok..poor thing, that is a terrible feeling.

Anonymous said...

Poor thing!!  I would bring her to the docs too if she is still complaining of stomach pain.  I think she is too young to be having anxiety about school life, etc.  Maybe she is just afraid of throwing up again.  That is scary to kids!  Hope the doc's appointment goes well!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hate it when my children are upset/sick and I don't know why. I always feel so helpless! I hope you guys get to the root of the problem soon!

Anonymous said...

Poor Little Sweetie, let me know how the doctor's visit goes.

Much Love,
Jolene

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn... I read earlier that you said Rowan is sucking her thumb at school... And not wanting to go to sleep there. Do you think this stomach pain is related to that? Maybe she is just having trouble transitioning into school and its causing anxiety. Or maybe even there is some kind of spat with a friend at school? I completely believe that kids that small can feel anxiety. And I think they really don't know how to verbalize what they are feeling so it comes out in other forms. So maybe thats where the whole thumb sucking and sickness is coming from? I had a simular thing happen with Trey last year. He comlained of his stomach hurting everyday. Come to find out, he was just stressed about school work. He was used to being the smartest kid in school, then a girl came and was actually at his level. He was so worried about it. Thankfully, he got over it. But I completely understand how worried it can make you.

Let me know what you find out at the doctor, k?

(((HUGS)))

***Monica

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to know what's going on with kids.  They're aches and pains can go so much further than just having a virus.  Maybe she thinks she can stay home from school if she's sick so she says that.  You're atleast on to that idea.  I say take her the DR to make sure nothing else is going on then go from there.

Luv~Heather

Anonymous said...

oh no i hope shes ok...i'd have her looked at just incase too
take care and keep us posted
<3, em