Sunday, November 26, 2006

~Good Morning~

Good Morning Friends.

I can't believe I haven't put an entry in here in so long.

Holy Moly am I a bad journal keeper or what?

Oh well... at least I'm not slacking on the commenting department... or at least I don't think I am... eek.. I better not think about that at the moment or I might get myself into trouble!

 

So...

What have we been up to lately?

Let us see.

Right now, my two beautiful kid are sitting together... nicely!... on the couch watching "Elf".  I know, probably not the best movie for them... but Rowan loves the fact that it has to do with Christmas and Santa... so, hey, its alright in my book.

Derek is off at the grocery store... picking up stuff to make homemade chicken soup (yum!) and artichoke dip.  It is supposed to rain here this evening and tomorrow, so he wanted to have something warm and yummy for dinner.  And there is nothing better then his chicken soup.

I'm supposed to be empting the dish washer, finishing folding laundry, and moving the furniture to prepare for the decorating that we will be doing this evening...

But I wanted to stop by and say Hi.

 

We had a great Thanksgiving here at the Pickle Jar.

Derek was actually able to get the day off.  They had more people then necessary working the streets on one shift, so a guy was nice enough to work Derek's shift so he could be off.

We went to my parents house... where my brother was there, along with my grandma.  Dad had picked her up on Wednesday (she is 89 years old and driving almost 2 hours to our place isn't here thing...), so it was nice to visit with her.

In fact, we had dinner at their house Weds-Sat nights... so we could spend time with her and my parents.  It was nice to visit and not have to cook... But I made sure we told my parents "Thank You" over and over for having us :)

 

Hmm...

The kids are doing really well.

Rowan seems back to her normal self.  Well, a little green-eyed still... but not more Stomach problems.  We are guessing that she did have some virus... but its good to have her feeling better... either way.

 

Mr. Zman is working on potty training.  We only put a diaper on at nap time and bed time... oh yes... and when we go out.  So, basically, he is either running around butt nakey or with some kind of underoo's (Spiderman yesterday!) or just his pj pants on...

He has been doing really well.  He actually has a way of telling us that he has to go... Not too sure how to explain it, but he kinda squirms and pulls at his privates... lol. 

We also take him about every 20-30mins so he can void his bladder... so, that means no accidents.

We are hoping by the time he is 2 (Feb 22 people!!! where did time fly??) he will be fully potty trained... or pretty damned close to it!

 

Rowan is very excited about Christmas coming up.  She tells me every day what she is going to ask Santa for... for herself and Zachary... since he can't talk...

Isn't that sweet?

She is going to ask him for an umbrella, purse and wallet.

And she is going to ask for a Firetruck for Mr. Z.... because he loves them so much!!

 

I'm so excited too... because Derek and I actually ordered some presents for the kiddos on Friday night from Disneyshopping.com.  We got Ro her Umbrella... an Overnight bag instead of a purse, since my SIL got her one... and a Princess Jacket with her name on it...

And we got Zachary a jacket also... a Varsity type jacket with Dash from the "Incredibles" on it... because he reminds us of him when he runs around all speedy like.  His is coming with his name also. Check it out >>> Jacket

The best thing about buying all that stuff on Friday night was that it was all on Sale!!  Actually, they still have their sale going on until tonight... Big Discounts and Free shipping on a orders over at certain amounts!!  I was stoked!!

There are a few more things we want to get them... but for now, that it is about it.  I'll probably be able to finish all my shopping by the 10th... so, I'll be happy about that.

 

Can you believe that there are only 28 days until Christmas!?!?!  HOLY MOLY!!

 

Okay friends... I need to go and finish my chores before my husband returns :) Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend!

Hugs,
Jenn

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK you, back to work :)

You sound like you've got the Christmas shopping all figured out and that, my friend, is never a bad thing. Glad to see the kids are all healthy!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Good idea giving Z-man nakey time. I did that with Tyler and it worked like a charm. Only problem...I waited to long to start.  I'm not waiting as long with baby  Max, that's for sure. Maybe I can be finally rid of all diapers and pullups before I turn 50. LOL!

Anonymous said...

This year I was ready for you and your famous countdown and you haven't been here much!!!!  But, here you are, counting down the days.  AAAGGHHHHHH!!!  LOL!  So glad that you had a nice and relaxing Thanksgiving.  Hey, anything is great if you don't have to cook I always say!  Glad Rowan is finally feeling better!!  PHEW!  And, GO ZACHY WACKY on the potty!!!!  That is just incredible!  I cannot believe his almost 2 years old!  It seems like just yesterday when you were emailing me from the hospital.  Thankfully those days are over and you have a healthy and happy little boy!  Great gifts for the kids by the way!  But, you always end up getting them the greatest ones out there!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow I didn't know you could still get all those special sales on the Internet for Black Friday...hmm maybe next year!  :)  

Anonymous said...

Shopping finished by the 10th?!?!? Okay, I'm jealous! LOL I'm always running out on Chirstmas Eve morning because I realize there is something I've missed. Hopefully not this year though.

***Monica

Anonymous said...

Love the things you ordered!  Especially Zach's jacket!  So cute.  

BTW...chicken noodle soup sounds WONDERFUL!  Does Derek have a certain recipe he follows?  I'd love to have it if he does.  I've been wanting to make chicken noodle soup and homemade bread for awhile now.  

I can't believe you're having so much luck with potty training.  Ugghh.  Autumn is so ready...she's just scared to death of the toilet.  But if I start putting her on a potty chair, Parker will think he has to use one too...and he's WAY too big for a potty chair.  I'd have urine all over the damn place.  LOL  

Potty training has been a real issue in this household.  *sigh*

We're not getting our kids a ton for Christmas this year either.  We just can't afford it.  

So far for Parker, we've got an art easel with paper, paints, and big paint brushes (it also has a chalk board and a dry erase board attached too) and a kid tough digital camera.  We're also getting him a video game system with a few games and that's about it.  

For Autumn, I've got her a vanity table ordered (it's so cute!  I believe it's called the Princess Vanity Table and Chair at Target...go take a peek.); I've got her a baby doll with tons of accessories; and a set of play purses and shoes.  I'm also getting her some play dresses and jewelry....and maybe a puzzle made up of the letters of her name.

That's about $300 per kid which I think is more than enough for their age.  Especially since we're poor!  LOL

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for your Christmas countdown...you let me down...lol  Usually you start in the 50's!

I wish John would cook, like Derek does.  I don't even trust him to boil water.  That dinner sounds so good!

The jackets that you got the kids are adorable.  I'm sure they'll love them.  I'm glad to hear they're doing well.  Growing up way too fast!

Luv~Heather