Monday, November 6, 2006

~Okay, SO~

Okay so.
 
It has been an awful while since I've done an actual entry.  In fact, you know I did try three times last night... but what you don't know is, this is my SECOND attempt!!  Oh yes.  So, this time I am typing it in AOL mail and hoping to copy and paste with out any problems.
 
So.  What has been going on in the good ol' Pickle Jar you ask?
 
Well, not much...
 
Okay, I lie.  We have been pretty busy, but it just doesn't seem like its doing anything too important.
 
Between both kids having gymnastics class (on different days) and Rowan's dance class, we are gone two evenings and one morning of the week.  So, I guess we would be kinda busy huh?
 
Rowan is excelling so well in gymnastics lately.  In fact, just tonight, she passed Level 2 of Kindergym!!  She was so proud of herself... especially when she got to ring the bell to announce to everyone in the gym what she had done!
 
Dance is also going well.  Yet, I still think gymnastics is what she likes the best.  Her dance Holiday dance recital is on December 2nd.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'll be making it (more on that later!).
 
I mentioned that Zman is doing gymnastics too.  We (yes he and I) go on Friday mornings at 9am to do a Tots class... or a Mommy and Me.  He doesn't understand the concept just yet... he likes to just run around and do somersaults mostly... but he has a good time and has a chance to interact with other kids around his age (18mons-3yrs).
 
Oh yes.  Zachary has also been off his heart meds for over a month now.  Yeah, can you believe it?  It was an adjustment not giving him his meds 3 times a day, everyday.  He is doing well and so far ::Knock On Wood:: he hasn't had an episode.  And truthfully, if he were to get sick again, I'm not sure if I could stay sane!  Those 12 days in the PICU were some of the hardest days in my life!
 
Okay... anyways.
 
Moving on now...
 
The weather here in the Central Valley has finally changed!!
 
WOO HOO!
 
It's Fall here and I'm so happy.  I love waking up with cool mornings... sitting on the couch in front of a fire with a mug of hot tea!  Also, I love the Misty mornings... no, not the foggy mornings... because I hate the fog... but the mornings that there is a bit of Mist.  Those are great mornings!
 
And with the Fall brings the Holidays.  I can't believe that Thanksgiving is almost here!  Seems like it was just July or something, no?  So, Thanksgiving is coming and we are trying to figure out what day or days we are going to have it.
 
See, Derek works that Thursday... so we were thinking about having it on Friday... but if my brother and his fiancee can't make it there on Friday... we'll have to have Thanksgiving on both days.  Doesn't bother me none... I love me some turkey and mashed potatoes :)
 
But... speaking of my brother!
 
He just started his new job (Finally!!) today.  He is working at an Insurance agency in Sacramento... and he is in his first new place that he is paying for :)  He is really proud of that too... heck, I'm proud of him too!  I guess that 4 1/2 year college education is finally coming into play!
 
He is also getting married to his girlfriend of 4 1/2 years coming in January.  We are super excited about that!  Rowan most of all I think ;)  She is stoked to be a Flower Girl (again!!).  My future SIL picked out the most amazing dress for her too... Ballerina style and what not.  She's going to look too cute if I don't say so myself. Lol.
 
My parents also treated me to the three (3!!) outfits that I'll be wearing to the wedding, rehearsal dinner and the bridal shower.  I didn't have anything and being the wonderful parents they are, they helped me out. 
 
I'll be wearing this baby burnout dress for the wedding... a dress pant and sweater for the rehearsal dinner... and a dress pant and blouse for the bridal shower... which happens to be on December 2nd... the same day as Ro's recital.
 
And because its in the bay area... we aren't sure of the time of the recital... so, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make either of the shows :(  I'm sad, yes.  But I have Derek to take Rowan... Dad to watch Zman... and there will always be more recitals... just not Bridal Showers :)
 
 
Hmm, what else, what else.
 
Derek is planning on working some OT soon.  He wants to get some money together so we aren't breaking ourselves for Christmas.  Good plan on his part... but we always miss him when he works.  I know its good for us, but still...
 
But we did get to go out on a date on Friday night.  We went to pizza and beer with friends from the PD... and then to a movie.  We saw "SAW III".  Yeah, YUCKO!
 
We had a wonderful time... it was nice to have some adult time too :) 
 
My parents were nice enough to watch the kids for the evening too...
 
Which brings us back to Rowan...
 
She and my mom were talking that evening and she came to find out that Rowan has been sucking her thumb when it came time for her to nap at school!!  Rowan has never sucked her thumb!!
 
Okay, a little insight.
 
Rowan went to the dentist last Thursday.  She did extremely well... but the dentist noticed that she had some evidence of her grinding her teeth and some protruding of her teeth... like she sucked her thumb.  So, the dentist asked if there was any new stress in her life and my mom couldn't think of anything...
 
Well, there has been and we hadn't thought of it until now.  Rowan begun all day schooling back in September.  She would go to school from 8am-4pm.... with a nap around noon.
 
Everyday, she would beg us to let her not sleep there... she told us that she didn't like it!  That she didn't want to...we could tell that she didn't like it... but we figured out that she was having a hard time... between the thumb sucking and teeth grinding, it wasn't emotionally good for her.
 
Needless to say, she isn't doing full days of school anymore.  We didn't think it was good for her emotionally. 
 
Okay, I think I've rambled on enough...
 
Gotta get the kids ready for bed!!
 
Hugs,
Jenn

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We came to a similar conclusion with my son and school. He never wanted to go to school on Fridays and was actually starting to pull some interesting stunts to avoid it. Things like pretending to be sick or too tired. Tantrums. What not. Turns out, his best friend only goes 4 days and he isn't there on Friday. Ah ha! Amazing how attached my little man is to his pal Ethan. So we changed him to 4 days too. That's enough for pre-school, I think. Made him really happy too. That's what counts.  :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Pickle woman!  Sounds like you have more than
enough on your plate right now!
So sorry I haven't been around lately!
I still love you though!!
Connie

Anonymous said...

You're right it does feel like it was just July or something.  All I have to do is look at Keely and I see how quickly she's grown.  I hope Rowan gets over sucking her thumb...my nephew is 5 1/2 and still sucks his.  Fun stuff to break.  I'm glad Keely sucks a binky instead...it'll be easier to break.  TTYS

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed this alert - guess AOL is having more problems - shocking right???  Glad things are good for you - busy is always good.  I'm glad Rowan loves gymnastics/dance - Madi wants to start but with us moving in three months I'd rather her wait plus she's already so busy.  Congrats to your brother - full time job, first place, wedding - he's got alot on his plate.  Take care - Leene

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting again!

Sorry to hear that the kiddo's are sick :-(

We tried to do Ally on full days when she was Ro's age, and she didn't like it either, she didn't like napping there and eventually refused to lay down and would wreak havoc on the pre school teachers. LOL.  So needless to say, we took her out of that.

Now she does great in school.

Congrats to Ro on her gymnastics! :-D

I think it's cook that you and Zachary go, just one on one time with Mommy.  Hope to see you post soon!

~Jenn~
http://journals.aol.com/icewitch96/JennsWorld

Anonymous said...

Wooohoooo for Zachary being off his medicine! That is just so damn exciting, I think I must bust open!

I love that all of you are into this whole gymnastics thing. I wish angel could do it but all everyone does here is dance. Boooo!

Huugs
b

Anonymous said...

Good that you took lil Rowan out of full days...sometimes, they just aren't ready, huh?  
Congrats on Zach being off his meds.  I'm sure it's still hard for you to not worry, though.  :)
Anna

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Zachary is doing well off his heart meds.  THe PICU can be a scary place and I hope you NEVER have to see it again :)

I love the fall too.  It's almost winter though and I'm not sure I'm going to be liking the freezing cold..ugh!

I hope taking Rowan out of all day school will help her out.  Poor thing.

Luv~Heather