Thursday, December 6, 2007

Bump in the Road... But Moving On...

Well, it seems like it has been a bit of time since I've done a real entry... you know, one that actually lets you know what is going on in The Pickle Jar.

It seems like life is just too busy to sit down and write out stuff... and share photos. 

Right now, my concentration is finishing knitting projects that I'm giving as Christmas presents.  And I mean, its my only concentration... you should see my house, it is a complete mess... because I come home from work, start dinner, maybe start some laundry and the dishwasher and then I knit.

My poor couch is covered in clean clothes that I have yet to fold because I just get sucked into knitting... I swear, I could be working on something and look up at the clock and an hour or so has passed!  It happens a lot...

I did have a bit of a knitting rut on Tuesday night.  I had stopped at the yarn store - which most of you knew I would - and picked up three balls of the most prettiest yarn...

Well, I got home and picked up some needles... started to cast on and knit and I couldn't believe how thin the wool was... I was completely thrown off and actually my knitting buzz was killed!

I tried a few different needle sizes and finally got so frustrated that I just threw the balls back into the bag, determined to not bring them out again!

I then tried working on this blanket for my grandma... it is going to be beautiful when I'm done with it... but right now, I've only got 1 panel done for it... and it calls for 5... Well, my mind wasn't really on knitting after the buzz kill from the other yarn so I just went to bed... getting nothing done!

So yesterday, I decided to stop by the yarn store (again!) and ask the gal what to do... well, she turned me on to the idea of taking that thin yarn and paring it with another... and even gave me a pattern for the scarf!

Needless to say, I got home and pulled out the yarns and needles and got down to business!!  Oh, it is gorgeous... and its just about 1/2 way done - thanks to large needles and chunky yarn!  I'm sure I won't finish it tonight - Ro has gym (but I'll bring something else to work on) - but it will be done by this weekend!

After that, I've still got 2 hats, 2 other scarves and my grandma's blanket to do... all in 18 days... I'm determined to get it done... Determined!!  I'm sure there will be some full days of knitting (weekends) and some late nights, but it will get done.  It has to!!

Wish me luck!

 

Okay, enough about my knitting obsession...

 

We've been fighting the sickies in my house for over a month...

My poor son is the worst.  He had to go back to the doctors yesterday for the 3rd time in 4 weeks for his ear.

The doctor put him on his third antibiotic and is passing a referal on to an Ears, Nose and Throat doctor to discuss his problem with ear infections.  I'm kinda apprehensive about the whole tubes in the ears thing... but then again, I don't like the idea of him being on antibiotics long term either.  Its never good to build up a resistence to antibiotics...

I don't know when we will be seeing the ENT.  I'm sure we'll be hearing from the office with in a week or so... Zach has to go back to the doctors (pedi) on the 19th (unless we go see the ENT) for a recheck... I hope by then his ear infection is gone... because there is nothing fun with seeing him hurting and not feeling well.

 

Rowan is doing well in Kindergarten.  She is enjoying it a lot actually.  We had her Parent/Teacher Conference a few weeks ago and the teacher said she is doing great... That she is a pleasure to have in class... And is a really great listener!!  (wish she would show more of that at home... lol)  Rowan finds it fun to do homework (!!!)and we read a lot between our house and my mom's.  We've started working on reading more than her site words and she does quite well sounding out the words...

It's amazing that Kindergarteners are actually learning to read!!

The weather out here is finally starting to look like Winter.  Today it is cloudy with chances of rain and there is plenty of wind... I love this time of year... But 10 to 1 I won't be saying that come March... lol

Okay, I've really rambled on long enough... I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week and great Holiday!!

xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see pictures of your projects. I'm sure you can get them all done.
I hope lil Z man gets better soon. That's never fun.
I too, was SO impressed with Alyssa in Kinder. They really skyrocket from the start!! WTG Rowan!

Anonymous said...

the tubes will help, David got his about the same age.
I hope you post some pictures of your pretty things you have knitted.  I want to learn how someday.

Anonymous said...

Since we talk practically everday, I've been kept up to date on most of this stuff...but I didn't know about Row's parent/teacher conference.  That's AWESOME news.  You should be proud.  I can't believe kindergarten is learning to read either.  Wish Parker was doing that stuff too. :(  

He can make a 'P' though!  Yay!  :)

So glad you were able to work your way through that knitting rut.  And just think, everytime something like that comes up, it's a learning experience for you.  By the end of the year, you're going to be a knitting expert!  

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I hope the ENT can help your little man, and maybe avoid tubes. Poor buddy..

XOXO,

~Heather

Anonymous said...

It was really nice catching up with you here today. So glad you stuck with it and are producing a great present for Grandma.

Hope those little ones get past the sickies soon. Hopefully now, their immune systems will keep them all healthy for the rest of the Christmas season!