Wednesday, December 26, 2007

On Knitting Break...

... of sorts.

 

I have decided to take a bit of a knitting break after all the knitting that I did prior to Christmas.

My hands just literally did not want to work on what I picked up yesterday to play with... I really felt like they were revolting!  Telling me NO and that I needed a break!

 

So, I'm going to do what they say... lol.

Kinda.

 

I'm going to pick up a few books that I have around the house and actually do some reading - or more that you can do than in a visit to the bathroom ;)

Right now, I'm reading "Water for Elephants" (which is quite entertainging!) and just purchased the "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyers on Amazon.com.

I've also got a book called "Plain Truth" at home... I believe this book has been made into a TV movie that has the gal from Law & Order: SVU in it... but I'll still read it anyhow...

 

But I really feel like I've neglected my love for reading after I picked up knitting... so I'm going to take some time to do that...

Yet still knit in between.

I really don't have any projects that have "time lines" right now, so I can do a bit of both of my loves - reading and knitting...

 

I do have a project that is already started that I'm going to try and finish by Saturday...

One of Derek's friends has a newly adopted newborn daughter (like as of last Wednesday!!) and since I've already got a baby blanket in girl colors started, we both thought it would be nice to give him (her) that...

I will take pictures of it soon... I love the yarn it is made with... so soft and fluffy...

 

After the new year, I'm going to start to learn how to make socks... I missed the last class she put on back in the middle of December - damn red wine! - but I'm determined to learn how this time...

AND! I'm going to make myself something... since I haven't yet... lol

Shoot, I think I need something for myself... after all the other stuff I've made...

 

Anyways, so yea... I will be posting pics soon... probably tonight... of knitting and Christmas... so watch for those!

Have a great day...

xoxo

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Water For Elephants....I got that book for Christmas!  :)  You like it, then?  

I'm glad your starting to read again.  It's a hard habit to break....not that I'd want to break it.  Reading is my escape.  

I think a little knitting break is probably a good idea.  I think you'll enjoy it more again if you're away from it for a few days.  

And I definitely wanna see the picture of the baby blanket.  How cute!  

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I have that book..yeah you need a break...I bet your fingers have been knitting up a storm ..
I don't know about you, but I am tired..

Anonymous said...

Whew girl, I am sure you are ready for a break. You knitted your little heart out.

That book sounds good-I may have to check it out.

:)

XOXO
~Heather