Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh So Busy...

So, now I know how my parents felt... having to drag us kids here and there to make sure we made it to a practice or a game on time. Taking us from one place to another and never really having much Down Time.


I feel like we've been going non-stop since August with Rowan. At first, for cheer, it was practice every evening for the first two weeks... after the first game, it went down to practice 3 days a week... just an hour practice because of her age. Leaving us only two days during the week for nothing...


Saturday's are game days... which means we have to be there 45 mins ahead of schedule... and depending on where the game is, leaving even earlier than that.


I don't mind. Really. Rowan loves cheering. I love watching her cheer and blossom into someone new and different... with a bit more confidence and a bit more attidute ;o)


Now we've got more on our plate... Recently, we signed Rowan up for 4-H. I'm looking foward to seeing her enjoying this as well. I never did 4-H in school, only FFA when I got to High School... but god, how I loved every minute of it. I love the bonds I made with the people... the experience of growing something... of raising an animal... the experience of being a leader and traveling to different places, participating in activities.
Now, its Rowan's turn. She joined the Primary group as well as signed up for the Primary Rabbit Group. Yes, that's right... she'll be raising and showing a rabbit out at our county fair!
Oh, how I can't wait to see her in her whites... She's going to be so stinking adorable!
She's just excited about getting a rabbit. I'm not sure she's fully understanding the work that comes with raising an animal for the fair, but I think it will be good for her.

The thing now is... all the meetings that come with joining 4-H. We had our first meeting last night... but there is a community meeting once a month, plus your individual group meetings. So, if you counted correctly... there will be at least 3 meetings a month we have to attend. Three. And I'm sure, as the fair season comes up - and after she gets her rabbit in February - there might be more.

Oh well... all of that stuff is so good for her. For her confidence. For school. For her future. I don't mind. Not to mention I love all that raising animal stuff :) I even signed up to attend the AG Booster meetings for the local high school FFA and the 4-H. So, yeah, we'll be SUPER busy!! HA!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I have such mixed feelings on all these activites. I know how good they are to keep the kids busy and whatnot....but oh my..I am so shy.........

Anonymous said...

Yowza! You're a good mama to take your kiddos to so many activities, you'll need some mama time after all this!

Brandi said...

I love your excitment for her and the things she is doing. : D I can't believe you get all that done on top of working though! Jeeeze!! Give me your strength when I have kids one day. hehe

Love ya!

B

Bridgett said...

It seems chaotic and hectic now...but one of these days you'll look back on this and wish you were doing it all over again. :)

Enjoy it!

XOXO,
bridgett