Saturday, December 6, 2008

Something New

On Wednesday afternoon, I went to the salon with a "new look" in mind. I have been contemplating a new cut for some time now... just ask my Twinnie, Bridgett. We have been emailing back and forth about it and she was gun-ho for me. Me? I wasn't too sure. I still wasn't sure when I sat down in the chair Wednesday... and I was completely unsure of what I did when I left that evening!

I really walked out of there in shock.

But anyways, you can see that I chopped off all of my locks and I am now ROCKIN' this hair style.

Yes, I'm okay with it now... beyond okay. I'm loving how quickly I can get it done. 10 mins tops. See, I have VERY thick hair... and a lot of hair. So just to blow dry it took a while... and then there was the flat ironing or the curling iron... depending on the look I was going for.

Now I have free time in the morning - to actually do stuff like put my make up on at home instead of in the car... or to start some laundry or dishes.

Anyways, never be afraid to try something different... You might just like what comes out of it!

So, we have 7 days until Disneyland... A week from tomorrow, we'll be there... scoping out Downtown Disney and wishing it was Monday morning so we could go have breakfast with Lilo and Stitch... and then waiting to get on rides!!

We can't wait... and thankfully, we are all feeling much better... Zach's cold is pretty much gone. Derek and I fought off something for a day or two. Not sure what it was... just feeling kinda odd and having a headache from hell. There was no throwing up, poopies or fever... must have been some kind of virus though... because I felt like crap!

I just hope next week flies by quickly.... which I'm sure it won't, since we want to go so badly!! lol

Today we are going to be busy bee's... Derek is at department training, so its just me and the kiddos. We have to hit up Target for the necessities... go to Costco to get our Christmas cards from their photo department... and then to Tractor Supply for some dog food (cheaper at places like that!) urine guards for the rabbit cage (because they are nasty fecking animals) and some hay and shavings for the rabbits.

We are also going to a Pampered Chef party at my MIL's. I don't know what I'll be getting... but I'm sure I'll find something to waste my money on... lol No, I'm just kidding. I love their stuff, but I don't know what I want.

Is everyone ready for Christmas? I'm SO not. And its only 18 days.... I did order a game for the Wii for Rowan - Disney's Sing It - and a Wall-E U-Command for Zach... but oh, guess what... the game is on back order until after the first of the year and the Wall-E is unavailable and they don't know what it will be so. So, I'm guessing I will have to give those to them on their birthday's... Jan for Ro and Feb for Zach.

I did get them these really cute digital cameras from Disneyshopping.com. They aren't anything too expensive, but they'll enjoy them. Derek and I are thinking of wrapping them up and bringing them with us to Disneyland... letting them have an early present and then they can take pictures there. I'm not sure what we'll do... because I don't want them to loose them or break them... We'll see.

Other than that... its just "Kung Fu Panda", "Wall-E" and a "Wii" game for them. ::sigh:: I guess I best get shopping, huh?

Alrighty friends... I'm outta here... much to do... and people to see.

Have a fantastic weekend!!

7 comments:

Bridgett said...

Yes, I can vouch for twinnie. She's been talking of a 'Meg Ryan' type cut for weeks now.

And I TOTALLY think she's pulling it off like a champ. I love it. :)

And you're right...that is the greatest thing about short hair, very little maintenance required. Not that I spend a lot of time on my longer locks now. LOL

You're going to have a great time at Disney...I'm so excited for you guys.

And yep...sounds like you have some more shopping to do.

BTW, Doug's paycheck from yesterday? ENTIRELY gone. I kid you not. I paid bills this morning and we bought groceries last night. ::sigh::

I hate this.

Have fun today!

XOXO

Kaileigh said...

SUPER cute hair! I love the cut and color, and short hair is so much easier to take care of, in my opinion.
Have fun at Disneyland!

- said...

i could never do that kind of cut with my hair. My hair is thin so it would just lay flat and looks stupid! But it looks super cute on you, you have the perfect hair for it.

The Mama said...

Diggin' the hair, Jenn! It took me a while to get used to my short due, but now it's already back to my shoulders.

Can't wait to see pics from D-land!

Hugs

Brandi said...

I looove the hair, it just works for you. Sigh

Theresa said...

the cut fits u well, i like it!!

Don;t forget the picure of Stitch for me if u can, I just love that toon!

I am hoping one day we will be able to take jonny to Disney because I know my oher 2 would lov it!!

Terri said...

Cute cut!
I sooo need to do something with my hair...haven't done anything since March...

I'm not ready for Christmas either, not done shopping, haven't got my tree up..haven't filled out my cards...I am way behind!

Have a great time at Disney!!

Hugs
Terri