Thursday, August 16, 2007

Going or Not Going?

Well, Derek is still pretty sick.

And extremely sore - from the accident.

 

He went to the doctor yesterday... thankfully his Mommy took him, since I'm sure he wouldn't have been up to driving...

Doctor said he is probably coming down with Strep Throat... which he seems to get very easily...

So, she prescribed Zithromax for him... which I picked up yesterday evening...

 

I also went and got him some "Sickness Essentials"... lol.  Shrimp Cup-o-Noodles and Gatorade.  I swear though, I really have to stay on top of him when it comes to making sure he is drinking enough fluids... and when it comes to making sure he isn't swaddled up too much in blankets.

 

::sigh:: Men, they really revert back to being babies when they are sick... lol

 

Anyways, we are supposed to go to Pismo tomorrow... I'm not sure if we are going to be able to make it.

Derek still had a fever as of this morning (early)... and he is in a lot of pain from his throat... as well as his body... from both being sick and the accident.

 

I'm really hoping that the antibiotics kick in soon so he can get better... and we can go...

I know Pismo isn't going anywhere... but we ALL have been looking forward to this trip... and really, it will probably be the last time we go anywhere on a Family Vacation this year - well, unless we win the lottery ;)

 

So, if you don't mind... Send Quick Healing Wishes to Derek...

And I'll keep you all updated on whether we go or not...

 

xoxo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope he feels better soon!!!!

~D

Anonymous said...

Poor Derek.  :(
I really do hope you're able to go, twinnie.  I know you've been looking forward to it.  Hopefully, it won't be a disaster like our trip was.  LOL

Love you!

Bridgett

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to go. I have been sending good vibes all week..Hopefully they'll get there on time.

You guys deserve a break.

XOXO
~Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh that's such a tough spot, your brain is screaming "I wanna go to Pismo" but your heart feels badly for your husband. I know that feeling! I guarantee to send some get well wishes right now!

Good luck. Hope it all works out.

Anonymous said...

i hope he is feeling better
em

Anonymous said...

I didn't get your last two entry alerts for some stupid reason.  Just wanted to let you know they had a recall on those shrimp(only that flavor) cup of noodles thingies at our grocery store we went to last week.  Hope the ones you got weren't on that recall list.  That would be horrible!