Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Kindergarten is Just Around the Corner...

So, Rowan starts kindergarten a week from today...

 

We just got the letter in the mail telling us whether she was in morning K or afternoon K...

Well, we got stuck with afternoon (1030am-230pm)...


I'm trying to find a way to sneak her into the morning class... it would just be so much easier on all of us if she could get into that class.

Zach starts preschool on Monday... and he goes from 8am-12pm... so, it would be a logistical inconvenience for her to have to be at school 2 1/2 hours after him!!

That would be just too much driving for my poor childcare (::cough mom cough::)

 

Anyways, we'll see what happens.

They do have a program at the school called PAL... which is kinda like an educational day care of sorts... the principal told me that if he couldn't get her into the morning class, that we could always drop her off around 9am (after Zach goes to school) and then they'd take her to her class at 1030am when it starts...

Its something to think about... but not too sure if we want to have to have her there for 1.5 hours before school starts...

 

We should hear by Thursday afternoon if she is able to go to the morning session of school... just keep your fingers crossed for us, okay??

 

My mom took both kiddos to the mall today and got them both two pairs of shoes and socks.

I swear to god, I have the best parents anyone could ever think about having...

Mom said they were on their way to Children's Place to look at some clothes... but Zachary had an accident (his first in a public place!) so they had to leave... I can just imagine that he was heart broken...

He thinks he is such a big boy by wearing his Big Boy Chonies ;)

 

I think I'm going to take Rowan to the mall for a Girl's Day this Saturday... do some clothes shopping for her (and Zach) and maybe grab some lunch.  I've asked my mom if she would like to go, but I'm not sure if she is able to yet... but it would be a nice day to spend them with my two favorite females ;)

 

Okay, I'm outta here...

Gotta finish up some more work and then I'm headed home to my hubby and babies...

XOXO

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe it's already AUGUST and people are talking about their kids going back to school...What the fuck happened to the Summer????

Anonymous said...

what a great mother you have shopping and childcare!!!
i wish my mom didnt work so much so she could help me out...maybe one day, lol
hope derek is feeling better
and hope you can get the kindergarten thing worked out...if not the daycare sounds like she would have fun with other kids too
ttyl
em

Anonymous said...

Kinder is SO much fun! You all will enjoy it. I was glad when Alyssa went full day.  I can't wait to hear and see all of her adventures in school.
I just did some school shopping around here too.
Savor the moments of kinder, it goes way to fast!!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Ahh..the joys of kindergarten..

I hope you can get her into the AM program. It would be easier on all. :)


That is so nice your mom took them shopping! You are a lucky gal!

XO's
~Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do hope she gets into the morning class!!!!  I always stressed the importance of morning class for Parker too.  We were always fortunate that the school was able to comply.  

And Zach in pre-school....wow, where does the time go????  


Good luck!

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Chonies??  LOL

I'll keep my fingers crossed about the morning class for Rowan.

Anonymous said...

I think it's so cute you do the Girls Day with your mom and Ro. :)



Denielle

Anonymous said...

Mom's who like to spend money are the best!  LOL

I feel like I have known you guys forever, like Rowan and Zach are part of family...okay you and Derek too LOL!

Julie goes to 1st grade this year!  I was so excited last year when they said they were making kindergarten full time.  Man, what a vacation that was everyday!

Anonymous said...

Grace started the same day as Ro.  Only I put my girl in the full day program... no need to have her go only 4 hours when next year, she'll have to be all day anyway.  Besides, she's an older kid since her birthday is the end of Sept... she'll be 6... She's emotionally and socially secure enough to tolerate it~ thank goodness :)

I took off work for the first 2 days off school, just in case though.. lol

I can hardly wait for Fridays now~ she'll be in school until almost 4 and I'm off work on Fridays... can we say extended me time?

Cat~