Sunday, September 30, 2007

What Is Started...

... comes to an end.

 

I finished my very first knitting project... a scarf for Rowan.

I can say that I'm a bit disappointed in how it came out... but hey, it was my first job :)

I wanted it to be a bit longer, but I misjudged the length and finished it too soon.

I will have to post a picture soon of it... and of course one with Rowan wearing it...

 

I've already started a new project with a bigger needle size, but with the same yarn. 

I am also trying a different stich... three pural stiches and then three knit stiches... a bit different and bit tougher.

 

I found a lovely yarn store in the same town that my mom lives in and the ladies there were very helpful.

They seemed really happy that I'm starting out on my own accord and they are willing to help with anything I need.

I picked up some really pretty yarn that I will use on my next project - another scarf - and then I think I might be taking some classes from them too...

The girl there said that I really should work on a few scarves and get that knitting down before I try anything bigger - like a lap blanket or one even bigger.

 

I really want to try and get a few scarves done for Christmas gifts... I think they would be enjoyed...

 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend... I know my Lazy Day Sunday is perfect for me!!

 

Have a great week as well...

xoxo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...you're very first scarf!  
That's great, twinnie.  

And you're right, I think handmade scarfs would be very nice gifts.  Very personal.  :)

Proud of you!

XXOO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Yayy! I'm so glad you finished, I wasn't too happy with my first scarf either, but hey they get better.

Can't wait to see it and I know Ro loves wearing somthing mama made.

Anonymous said...

Alerts must be down... I just decided to come over here to check up on things.

I can't wait to see the pics of the scarf!

***Monica

Anonymous said...

i was just thinking how fun it would be to find a place that gave classes...good way to get out of the house and meet people.
im crocheting a baby blanket just for fun right now...if it turns ok ok i may mail it for my new 2nd cuz. lol
hope you have a good day
em

Anonymous said...

I think it is so cool that you are doing this. I wish I knew how..

Anonymous said...

LOL, I was kind of scrolling through here looking for a pic of the finished product! I always admired people who had the skill and patient to do things like knitting. Get that photo up soon, k?