Tuesday, January 17, 2006

~I'm Back~

Well, well, well.

Its about freakin' time I came back to this place to do an actual journal entry, huh?

Hmm, lets see.

What has the Pickle Gal been up to?

Not a whole lot.  Trying to recover from my sinus infection and take care of my sickies that I claim as my children :)  Mr. Zachary is finally doing better.  He is back to being his Happy-Go-Lucky Self and his gums are looking so much better too.  There is still a little reddness and he does cry out if something happens to get him there too hard, but overall, he is doing 100% better.

Rowan has been better for a while now.  She is back to school and her normal activities of gymnastics and dance.  And she is back to being her good ol' bratty self :)   

Gotta love her...  

Speaking of Miss Rowan... We will be celebrating her 4th Birthday on Sunday.  Her actual birthday isn't until Monday the 23rd, but because of Derek's schedule and the rest of the family, it will be held the day before. We are going to do a brunch and have her "Tinker Bell" party.  Yes, that is the theme that was picked out this year.  She is very excited about having a "Tinker Bell" cake and what not. 

I've also promised her that I'll take her to the mall on Friday to the Disney store to get a "Tinker Bell" outfit- if they have one!- and then to Build-a-Bear to build her 4th birthday bear that will, of course, be dressed as ta-da... "Tinker Bell".

What she doesn't know is what else she'll be getting for her birthday. 

Mommy and Daddy are getting a Turtle.  Yes, that is right, a Turtle.  She is also getting a Barbie Princess DVD (not sure of the title) and a video game (not sure of the brand at the moment) thing that plugs straight into the TV and allows you to play 4 different video games... and of course, it is Disney Princess.  I'm sure she'll be plenty suprised all around with the presents she is getting.  

Oh yeah!  

She is also getting a Disney snow globe that we purchased originally as a Christmas gift but decided not to give her until her birthday because it is "Tinker Bell" flying around the Castle at Disneyland.  I'm sure she's going to LOVE IT.  

I've just gotta get the "Tinker Bell" party stuff from the local party store and then order the cake too.  I am hoping they can do something real cute with the whole "Tinker Bell" theme.  I'm pretty sure they will be able to.  Not to mention get all the food for the party too. Thankfully some people are going to bring stuff too.  Its a brunch so we'll have both breakfast type foods and lunch snacky foods.  You know, Coscto Muffins, fruit plates, waffles, egg plates... yum yum yum.  

There goes my diet...  

OH yeah, forgot to tell you about that too!! I've started counting points again.  Yes, I'm unofficially doing Weight Watchers.  I haven't gone into WW to sign up with them, but because I have all the goodies and know how to count points... I've started it up.  I have done that to get my life/body in control.  I hope to drop 25lbs in the next 4months and then go from there.   I am also going to start excersising.  Which will be awfully helpful with my metabolism.  I've been told, because I'm still pretty young, that if I excersise, I should be able to loose weight like I want.  So, wish me luck on my attempt to drop some pounds!!  

Hmm...   I've been a pretty happy mama lately.  Derek has been off the last few days so we've been able to spend the evenings with him.  Its nice to have him home more with this new schedule of his.  He is on 4 days and then off for 4 days... So unless he has to or chooses to work OT on his days off... He is all ours for 4 days!!!  lol...  

Well, I need to run.  Gotta get Ro off for dance class and then when I get home from that, I need to clean and make dinner.... eeeek..  

Have a great evening Friends,
~Jenn~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone is doing lots better!
Rowan is going to have a great birthday.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I got my 3 year old a tinker bell costume from Walmart for like $13.  She LOVES it!  "Tink" is quickly becoming one of her nicknames.  Tinker Bell is hot right now!  Guess, she is makin' a comback! hehe!

Lori

Who I am… underneath it all:  http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/DiscoveringMe
My Spiritual Journal:  http://journals.aol.com/scotthlori/PreciousMetal

Anonymous said...

Hey Pickle Poo, there you are!

I'm glad the kiddos are feeling better..it makes EVERYTHING better!

Hmmm, I wonder if I could whip up a Made By Nae Birthday card...

Good luck on the WW's, I heard it works real well.  As far as exercising?  It's for the birds!

TTU soon

~V~

Anonymous said...

Glad things are returning to normal!

I'm sure Rowan will love her gifts.... I love turtles, too :)

I just saw a bunch of Tinkerbell stuff at the store today... she's my favorite.

In my experience with weight loss, its more about exercise.  I still ate what I wanted, just watched portions... Of course, I cut out all fast food and sodas... and drank about 64 ozs of water a day.

I was too full to eat ;)

Good luck to you....

Cat

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear everybody is feeling better in the Pickle Jar!!!  
Especially poor little Zach.  He's had a rough winter.

Good luck on the dieting.  I need to follow in your footsteps.  I've
definitely got some excess poundage I'd like to shed.  <grin>  

Happy Early Birthday to Rowan!!!!!  I always forget she's so close in age to Parker.  He'll turn 4 on March 14th.  Of course, Rowan is developementally way
ahead of Parker, which I think is why I always think she's nearly 5.  Who knows?
Take lots of pictures!!

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

They have some really cute Tinkerbell stuff out right now!  I never really liked Tinkerbell till lately!  I hope I have a little girl so I can get her little Tinkerbell outfits and things!  :)
~Tiffany @  

Anonymous said...

Awww, a TinkerBell party for the little princess, how cute is that?!?!  I love those games that you plug into the t.v., they are so much better for the little ones, and easier!!  Good for you doing WW on your own!!  I became an expert counter too when I was on that, but I had to eat too much.  Go figure huh?!  You are young, so that weight should just drop right off!!!  Enjoy that while you can.  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awww Tinkerbell - sounds great! I got my friend's daughter this Leapfrog Disney Princesses Laptop for like $30 for Christmas. She loves it!

My friend Tina lost 65 lbs on WW, so I wish you the best with that! I was thinking about doing it myself, actually.


Denielle

Anonymous said...

I bet Rowan's party turned out really cute ;)

I'm glad you all are starting to get better.  Being sick is no fun.  Especially when you have little ones to take care of.  

Luv~Heather