Tuesday, January 3, 2006

~Pickle's 2005 In Review~

I know it is already January 3, 2006... But I wanted to go and take a look back at all that has happened in the Pickle Jar during 2005...

So, time to turn back the table of time...

 

January 2005

January came while I was very big and preggo with my Mr. Z... I was counting down the days until I'd be popping out that boy!!

Unfortunately, January also came with a tragedy for my husband and his police department.  On January 9th, the PD lost one of their own.

So on January 18th, I experienced my first- and hopefully last- funeral for a police officer.  I'd have to say, it was one of the most touching and emotional things I've had to experience.

We also had some happy times in January!!  We got to celebrate Rowan's 3rd birthday... Fun times, fun times!!

 

February 2005

February came with out too much activity...

That is, until February 22!!!

Zachary Justice Matthew was finally HERE!!!  You can read more about his coming <Here>

 

March 2005

The first part of March brought many doctor's appointments and worry... I knew something was "up" or "wrong" with Zachary... So we spent a few couple of times at the doctors trying to figure out what was up.

It seemed that 2005 wasn't going to start off that great with us in the end... Zach ended up getting really sick really fast and spent 12 days- March 17th until March 29th- in the hospital.
Zach's story Part 1
Zach's story Part 2
Zach's story Part 3

 

April 2005

In April, my parents moved into our "den"- aka the Dorm Room"- while their new home was being built.

We also spent a lot of time at the doctors in April too... Check up for Mr. Z and all.

 

May 2005

In went back to work in May after being off for almost 3.5 months...

I also celebrated my 23rd birthday and my second wedding anniversary in the same week :)

 

June 2005

June brought a big milestone to our family...

Miss Rowan started School.  Yup, that is right.  Rowan started Preschool... And she loved it!

There was also supposed to be a J-Land Friend meeting... But because of time and logistic problems, that wasn't able to happen!!  It will happen though someday, huh Barbie?

 

July 2005

Nothing too interesting besides this Pickle getting sick and having to get shots!!

 

August 2005

We found out that Zachary loved to get baths in the sink...

And there was finally a J-Land meeting... Except it was with someone different than originally planned for... But still all the while it was great!!

I also planned a weekend away for just Derek and I to Wine and Roses!!

 

September 2005

Derek and I went on our weekend away to Wine and Roses... How wonderful it was...

Septemeber also brought sickness to our house... just in time for a Family Trip to Pismo.  We still went... And had a blast!!

 

October 2005

With Rowan starting school in June... you know what that means??  It means that she was still bringing home every sickness known to man :)

And just before Halloween she was sick, once again!!

 

November 2005

The November cozy weather brought in my addiction to Janet Evanovich books ;)

Also two Thanksgivings and my friends wedding!!

 

December 2005

As the year came to the end... Many things were going on.

Rowan participated in her first dance recital...

Derek spent two weeks down in Monterey and the kids and I went to visit him for the weekend.  A trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium was the hit!

<pictures here for the above mentioned>

And of course... Christmas.  Well, in our case, we had 3 of them :)

 

Well, that was my 2005... or some of it at least... some of the important stuff I'm guessing :)

I'm glad each and every one of you could come along for the ride I call my life this year.  I cherish each and everyone of your friendships... Thanks for helping make my 2005 great!!

Hugs and Best Wishes for 2006,
~Pickle Jenn~

 

PS. As you can see, we are back from our trip to Yosemite!  I promise I'll be back with the details and the pictures from our wonderful trip!! :D

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked this entry I may have to try and make time to do my own review....cannot wait to see the pictures
ttyl
<3, em

Anonymous said...

See....you had an activity filled year too!  Especially the early part of it, with Zach's sickness.  

I can still remember getting word that little-man Zach wasn't doing so well.  My heart actually plummeted.  Since we'd been pregnant at the same time, I felt close to you and your babies.  

I'm so glad he's doing so well now.  Rowan is getting so big!  It's amazing how fast they grow up, isn't it?  

I loved your Year-End Review.  You should definitely start doing it every year.  It really is a nice way to take a trip back in time.  

Happy 2006!

XO,
bridgett

p.s.  Can't wait to hear about Yosemite!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful chronology and year in review!!  I just love your journal Jen.  You are a good summarizer and your entries are always easy to read.  Hope we all have a great 2006!!  I spent a lot of time tonight getting my organizer and dates and calendar ready to go.  Whew was that a job!!  We have so many birthdays in the family.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

what a great review!
I expect to hear a full report of Yosemite....I was worried about you guys!....only because I was driving out in that mess too.
hugs
Laura

Anonymous said...

Love when people do the year in review!  I don't want to do it because I would scare myself looking back at everything that happened in 1 year's time for us.  I remember waiting along with you for Zachary to be born and then going through all the hell that you all did with the poor little guy.  But, look at him now right???  You would never know he went through so much so early on in his life!!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe that little man is
almost a year old! Man, time sure does
fly around here in J land!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment and the link I'll be back to read later!  :)  Add me to your journal links if you'd like and hang around!  :)

Anonymous said...

WOW..what a great idea ot have a recap of the year!! I can believe that officiers death and Zach birthday are coming up!! WOW..we've known each other for a while huh??..lol..Thats crazy and awesome...:)

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea!  Can't wait to see pics from Yosemite!

Luv~Heather