Monday, January 12, 2009

Cookie Monster

Please give a hardy HELLO to our newest family member... "Cookie Monster". This is Zachary's baby...

We just got her last week... sorta as a special treat... since Zach doesn't have someone to call his "own".

Yes, we have many animals in our family. Rosie dog is a favorite of Zach's - she loves to cuddle. And the cats don't seem to mind him too much either...

Yet, he didn't have anything "special" to him... like Rowan... with Stewart (mind you, I just found out he is in fact a she! lol) and the rabbits.

So, when we made a stop at the pet store the other day for bedding for Stewart and chewies... I didn't balk at the idea of him asking for his own rat.

Cookie Monster seems to be doing pretty well for her first few days... We still haven't held her too much... she is still a bit hesitant... but every day, we hold her for a few minutes longer than the previous.

I would love to have Stewart and Cookie Monster to be friends - but right now, Stewart is plagued with mites that is causing her to have mange. Yuck. Its very easily spread, so they can't play right now. Hopefully in a month or so, they'll be able to hang out!

4 comments:

Monica said...

Holy crap. I can't do rats.

You are a good Momma for getting Zach his own pet. My boys want a pet so bad. But I'm so allergic to everything. I can't find one animal that doesn't make me sneeze my head off and my eyes swell. We did have an outside dog, but he died. We might get another this summer.

IndigoSunMoon said...

I can't do rats either, but a friend of mine had one and she adored him!
Lovish!
Connie

Bridgett said...

I like rats. In fact, I almost got one when I lived on my own in Charleston. I've heard (from both you and others) that they're excellent pets and very clean.

I'm not kidding though...Cookie Monster looks so much like our deceased hamster, Bubbles! Holy cow. LOL

XOOX

Tricia said...

I never thought I'd liek rats til my bestfriend had a jumbo male rat, and he was the sweetest, and funniest little thing ever.

Welcome to the family Cookie Monster( i love that name)

Hugs