Saturday, January 17, 2009

Super Saturday

Today has been a Super Saturday...

I woke up around 745am... might not seem like a big deal to some, but when I get up at 545 most mornings, the extra two hours do seem to be a nice surprise. Every once in a while, I'll get to wake up and see 9 or 930am... but it doesn't happen all that often.

After a nice bath this morning, the kids and I went to Target to pick up a few supplies for the house. Zach was a monster... crying and whining and what not. He hasn't been feeling all that well due to a cold and croup- but slept pretty good last night... but I still think he was tired... so, he was a cranky boy. Complaining that he wanted something to drink and what not. LOL

Anyways, we made it through Target we headed to the grocery store. We were expecting some guests for dinner and the UFC fight tonight, but that fell through... but I got stuff to make enchiladas... along with rice and beans.

The enchiladas are cooking right now. They smell really tasty. We have beef with red sauce and then chicken with green... Goodness, its going to be such a good dinner! We'll also have rice and beans... along with home made jalapeno poppers when we watch the fight.

The jalapeno poppers are SO good. We put this Cheesy Bacon mixture into raw (uncooked) jalapenos that we make into "boats" (we just the sides off and take the seeds out). Oooh, they are so good!!

Anyways, its just been a Super Saturday.

Derek and I are getting along GREAT - not always an easy feat sometimes. LOL

He (Derek) went and got cornrows put into his hair - I'm not going to post a photo here, but those of you who are my friend on myspace, you can see it there... LOL

Its different, that is for sure!!

Okay, I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC rest of the weekend... I'm off to have dinner! YUMMO!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

You ended your post with "anyways we"

LOL

I saw his pic..they are-different, that is for sure. My husband has NO hair, so I am not one to judge. ;)

I hope your enchiladas came out better than mine did!

IndigoSunMoon said...

Jenn,
I can't believe how big that little boy of yours has gotten! I remember when he was just a wee little one! Gosh, they grow up fast. And Rowan is so pretty!
Connie

Linda said...

Your dinner sounds so good!! Linda

Bridgett said...

That does sound like a good day! Much better than mine.

And oh my God does that food sound good! You guys are amazing cooks.

I actually think Derek's hair looks pretty good. :)

Have fun at 'you know where' today! LOL

Terri said...

You made me hungry girl...those poppers sound heavenly!

Sounds like a great day and night!

Hugs
Terri