Friday, January 2, 2009

Feeling Like...



... a slug. Seriously.

I really haven't left my couch since I got home from my surgery on Tuesday afternoon.

I've been watching TV and movies... been surfing the web... playing on myspace, facebook, blogger.

The last three hours, I've been watching "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" on the Travel Channel.

I'm really feeling like I need to get out of the house - but I don't think I'll be up to doing too much. Derek and the kids are going to do some errands... but who's to say if I'd make it... or if I did, how much I'd be hurting afterwards.

Shoot, taking a shower last night whopped me. I was dead on my feet afterwards.

Seriously, I didn't realize that this "minor" surgery would wear on me so much. LOL

Oh well, I can't go and change what I've done... No worries. I'll be better before I know it.

Or I'll forever be a Slug.

Haha.

6 comments:

- said...

at least you don't have the slimey mucus trail that follows behind you as you walk...LOL....or do you? LMAO

Bridgett said...

Honey, you're MUCH prettier than a slug. And less mucousy. LOL

And you're absolutely right...you'll feel better before you know it! :)

XXOO

Heather said...

LMAO at Brittany's comment.

Maybe walk around for a bit..I bet you still have some gas trapped..medical crap-blahblahblah- and you just need to get some oxygen flowing again. Just baby steps, though.

Love you!!

Ms.Emily said...

Im glad you don't have those weird feelers/eye things that slugs have as well

LOL

you will start to feel better soon!

I remember after my gallbladder surgery how I didn't realise you use those muscles for so many things...even swallowing it hurt!

hang in there :)

emily

Theresa said...

Umm Ihad no idea uhad surgery?!?!?!? What happened?? WellI kno what u mean, I has been 2 weeks already for me and I had to call the Dr and ask why my left side is still killing me. That is where alot of the work was done he said and it was normal. I feel like a slug too but I force t=myself to do things, besides if I don't nothing will get done anyway =(

Feel better soon!

Terri said...

LOL@ Britt's comment

I do hope you are able to get out and about soon...take it easy though...


Feel better soon!

Hugs
Terri