Monday, December 19, 2005

~Are You Ready??~

Quickie Entry for you all...

 

Things are good in the Pickle Jar.

Friday Derek came home from Monterey.  It was really nice having him home.  Rowan got so excited when he walked in the door.  The Perfect reaction that a little girl should have when she hasn't seen her Daddy in a week :)

 

I also finished most of my Christmas shopping on Friday.  I have all but 2 presents that I need to pick up.  I finished almost all of my wrapping too... Everything but the stocking stuffers and the presents that haven't been delivered to my house are wrapped!  How about that?

 

I also went with my mom for a little girl time and got our hair done.  I went a tid-bit darker this time around.  Nothing drastic... I just didn't have her put anymore blonde highlights in... Just more dark ones.  I like it and it looks good for Winter.

 

Saturday we (Derek and the kids plus me!) went to lunch at an awesome Mexican food place in the town that my parents moved to.  It was so quiet in there and clean.  The food was excellent and came so quickly!!  I don't know if it was because I was starving or what, but it was the best Mexican food I had in a while.

We will surely go back again!!

 

After our Great Mexican food, we went to my parents house and hung out there for the longest time... None of us doing a single thing!  Just enjoyed the comfy new couches and our time together!!

 

Sunday was spent vegging-out at home.  Watching Football and sitting by the fire.

It would have been a great day if Derek hadn't had to go back to work... But he did.  So the kids and I had soup for dinner and watched that movie on ABC "Once Upon A Mattress".

It was too cute... I DVR'd it because I knew Ro would like it and she did.

 

We also got to see Santa Claus come by on our local community fire department rig.  Rowan loved it... She was outside in her robe and PJ's... Waving and saying "HI SANTA!!" and "Merry Christmas".  And he waved back and boomed out a big "HO HO HO... Merrrrry Christmas!!"

It was wonderful to see how excited she was... :)

 

Well, I need to run...

 

Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday... And not getting to worried about the fact that Christmas is 6 days away!!

 

Hugs,
~Pickle Jenn~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrapped all my gifts but two, and just have a couple stocking stuffers to get.
It is time to relax and just have some time to take a deep breath..Then on Christmas Eve, I fix tons of food. Then visit with my kids and family on Christmas.d
Sounds like you are in good shape for Christmas.  I hope you have a good one.
Cassie

Anonymous said...

Aww..sounds so cozy. You are so blessed.

Hugs,
~Heather

Anonymous said...

We watched that movie last night too.  And I taped it so Eler Beth could watch it again.  It was really cute.  I love Carol Burnett.  Do you remember the original ONCE UPON A MATTRESS that she did in the seventies?  She was the Princess in that one.
Lori

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are really good in the pickle jar!
Your weekend sounds great and relaxing.
I got your card today, I just loved it!
Have you got mine yet?
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

aww glad derek is back....you should show us a picture of your new hair!!!!
ttyl
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a perfect family weekend at the Pickle Jar!!  :)  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

awwwww Daddies and their Little Girls, too cute!!

I WANNA SEE THE HAIR!! WAAAAA!!! *wink*

When ya get a chance, take a pic before it washes out kk?

Love ya Bunches, Merry Merry!!

Barbie @>-------

Anonymous said...

Ok...Im BACKKKKKKK, and alerts are set again!
I will do some catching up tonight!
Love ya
Tricia

Anonymous said...

So glad Derrick made it home safe and sound.  

I bet it seems incredibly weird not having your mom and dad around now, doesn't it?  
We lived with my parents for a month this summer while Doug was moving our stuff
back from Washington.  I got quite used to having an extra set of hands around to help
with the kids.  It was hard readjusting.  

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are doing good.  I'm glad Derek got back home with you guys.  It's always tough when the hubby is away.

Luv~Heather