Sunday, June 18, 2006

~Friday Night Fun~

Not...

 

Where did Derek and I spend my Friday night?

 

In the local hospital ER.

 

Poor Mr. Zachary was not feeling like himself.

He was running a 103temp and his breathing was just a little off.

His doctors office Acute Care could not squeeze him in, so they suggested that we take him to a Prompt Care (urgent care) or to the ER.

 

Good thing we did too.

After spending a good 5 1/2 hours in the ER (Zach was giving a priority chart due to his heart condition) we found out that Zachary has Croupe and a slight case of Pnemonia!!

 

So the little man got a shot of a steroid in the leg and a super dose of Zithromax.  He will continue the treatment of Zithromax here at home and we have to make a follow up appointment on Monday with his primary.

 

The nurse and the doctor both said it was good that we brought him in... not only was his heart rate high (due to his fever it was anywhere from 150-168!) but they said that the pnemonia could have gotten really bad!!

 

Let me tell yah, to hear that my 16 month old has pnemonia just killed me.  I feel like I failed when it came to keeping him healthy.  I just don't get it!  Thank goodness he was on those two rounds of antibiotic... that kept the pnemonia from getting worse!

 

So, yeah... my Friday night was exciting... how was yours??

Here is too a better weekend!

Hugs,
~Jenn~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, please don't feel like you failed to keep him healthy. It's not your fault. The bacteria/viruses that cause pneumonia could come from anywhere. It is no reflection on you as a mother. Kinda like ear infections. Other than keeping their ears dry when you bathe them,(and I know you do) you cannot prevent them. It's just the bodies response to bacteria and/or viruses.

I hope he gets to feeling better really soon. Bless his heart!

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Poor Zach!  Sending ::feel better:: vibes his way!

Anonymous said...

now stop blaming yourself, You sound like an excellent mother. I'm so sorry for the little guy and hope he's feeling better soon.  

Anonymous said...

It is something in the air, I just got over being sick and still don't feel good.
My daughter had it when she was 2. kids that age catch everything coming and going in playschool.
I am glad he got to the dr.  it is scary when a little one has breathing problems. I hope he feels better soon.  He is such a sweetie pie.

Anonymous said...

Awww, Pickles.... don't beat yourself up about the kid!  Pneumonia is hard to catch, as it sounds like any congested chest...  As for the croup, well... its been going around... and there's nothing you can do to stop that either.

I know its hard not to take the blame.  But you can't.  Its not your fault.  

Kids get sick and that's just life.  Just be happy you recognized his breathing being off and got him in.  

Feel better soon, Zach!  You, too, Mommy  :)

Cat

Anonymous said...

oh no i hope mr zachary is feeling better soon
good thing he was able to get in and get some meds
take care
<3, emily

Anonymous said...

Awww man!!!!!  That really SUCKS that Zachy had to spend yet more time in a hospital!  Poor thing!  There is nothing you could have done to prevent pneumonia though, it just happens.  So glad you brought him in though, I shutter to think of how bad it would have gotten if you didn't!!  Give him kisses from me!  
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Bless his heart, I hope that he is feeling better by now. You didn't fail by him getting sick, you can't keep kids completely from getting germs.

hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sorry I am so behind in reading journals! I don't get alerts, I just read them when I have time. This must have been terrifying for you!!  Hugs to your whole famaily!!

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy.  I hope he's all cleared up by now.  

Luv~Heather